With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced leader for the regional business to oversee the Azure Networking Business, which delivers technical support to our all levels of Azure customers. To be successful, in this role you will be truly customer obsessed, have strong operational focus and deep technical skills as well as the ability to partner with field support, engineering groups, and other internal Microsoft organizations at the senior leadership level. You will attract and retain top technical talent and ensure that they are always ready to engage with our top customers on their most critical and complex solutions. This position has regional responsibilities and will reside in Redmond, Charlotte, Las Colinas, Fargo or Sammamish.
Primary Job Functions:
Lead the Azure Networking Business to deliver a differentiated and connected customer experience with a customer obsessed team of deeply technical and highly motivated support engineers
Effectively partner across our global organization to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust. This will result in greater satisfaction, retention, and growth from our customers who engage Microsoft for support across the entire range of Azure services
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical and business leaders within the Azure Engineering Group to accelerate customer issue resolution and represent the voice of our customers
- Provide leadership and coaching that empowers a team of Support Engineering Managers focused on building and leading a team of highly technical engineers who deliver on our commitments to our customers
- Able to move quickly and efficiently to drive change and evolve in order to deliver against our customer’s support experience expectations
- Partner with internal stakeholders to improve the customer experience by leveraging customer, partner, and engineer feedback
- Manage the day-to-day support business of your teams ensuring operational standards and best practices are applied
- Accountable for operational and business review scorecards and reporting
- Establish connections across CSS and externally to influence and improve team effectiveness
- Contribute to and help drive Product, Technology, Service, Solution and Process improvement.
- Contribute to the success / implementation of CSS, SBU and LOB programs, initiatives, communications at the team level.
- Embrace and model the function of the Customer Aligned Manager (CAM) to help drive the connected support delivery strategy for the S500+ customers.
- Assist with global escalation of issues and connect with customers as needed to show Microsoft commitment.
Nurture a culture that embraces Microsoft’s values and follows the Model, Coach and Care expectations through:
- Attract, Develop, and Retain Talent
- Deliver Results Through Teamwork
- Role Model Microsoft Values
- Commit to Performance Management & Recognition Program.
- At least8 years of related experience in a Global Technical Support Center or customer service industry, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, consulting, systems or product development.
- At least4 years experience as a Manager of Managers or equivalent.
- Knowledge managing in a Cloud/Services environment
- Proven communication skills at the executive level internally and externally
- Proven track record in the management of global service delivery operations
- Strong technical background in Enterprise technologies and cloud services
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related field or 4 years work experience
- Communication: Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate and internal customers via telephone, email, or other electronic means, regarding technically complex issues with Microsoft software products. Be able to logically and accurate communicate to various levels (Engineers to Business Owner and Executive). Lead and recovery situations with customers.
- Customer focus: Ability to put customer first, lead and prioritize work to deliver great customer experiences. Maintains focus on the customer experience when balancing short- and long-term decisions.
- Collaboration: Communicates with individuals from other teams or organizations and listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities
- Influence for impact: Listens for the priorities and concerns of others and acknowledges differing perspectives.
- Adaptability: Actively seeks information and tests assumptions; shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
- Judgment: Scopes problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Creative Problem Solving: Solves abstract problems by considering the environment and applying original thought.
- Drive for results: Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.