ODFJELL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB LOCATION: OTH (TERMINAL)/SCB (ADMIN OFFICES)
JOB TITLE: SALES MANAGER ODFJELL TERMINALS US
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF COMMERCIAL AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
MANAGERIAL (Y/N): Y # Direct reports:______ # Total:______
BUDGET AUTHORITY: Total Budget Amt:___Authorization Amt:______
This is an experience-based position that enhances competencies and professional skills to develop clear sales objectives by using market intelligence and develop (commercial) business initiatives included acquisition of new customers and management of an existing customer portfolio in line with the commercial strategy, with the objective to contribute to the realization of the overall business strategy of Odfjell Terminals USA.
- Reports directly to the Director of Commercial and Business Development of Odfjell Terminals USA.
- Maintains effective functional relations and networks within the Odfjell’s commercial network.
- Contribute to the development and the realization of the OTH and OTC commercial strategy derived from the annual budget.
- Manage and develop an existing customer portfolio and be accountable for their budgeted revenues.
- Gather, monitor, analyze, administer and share relevant market development and customer development information in a specific area, market and / or product range, in cooperation with the shipping / commercial professionals through effective networking and relations management, to develop opportunities for (future) business expansion.
- Identify opportunities, prepare proposals and negotiate commercial terms and conditions for OTH and OTC’s storage agreements and work intra-department to ensure package agreement suitably address to Odfjell’s requirements.
- Participate in the yearly budget making.
- Identify market coverage gaps.
- Conduct market research and proactive customer targeting, as well as continuously evaluating general and specific internal costs compared to earnings.
- Focus on improving the quality of the revenue of the existing customer portfolio.
- Ensure good customer relations, using solution, evaluation and feedback as tools for improvements.
- Manage storage contracts and monitor customer relations included KPI’s, coordinate customer performance reviews, and initiate follow up on complaints.
- Prepare and develop investment proposal to support new opportunities in line with internal guidelines.
- Participate in the collection and systematization of market information and development of proactive marketing strategies.
- Participate in the reporting of all sales and marketing activities, and provide reports of sales and other marketing activities as required.
- Follow company policies and comply with company regulations. Cooperate and support colleagues.
- In case of absence, the employee’s supervisor will assume and/or assign responsibility for this position’s duties.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Engineering, Business, or Science. MBA is preferred
- Experience in Business Development in liquid terminal or chemical Industry is preferred
- Passionate about sales, revenue growth, and new business opportunities
- Strong negotiator and a deal closer, comfortable in influencing clients at all levels
- Interested in an international environment, works effectively across cultures
- Excellent communication and relation building skills
- Independent worker and self-starter, who contributes to the overall team objectives
- Creative in finding new ways and methods to reach your goals
Odfjell Terminals is a global provider of tank storage services, owned by Odfjell SE (51%) and Northleaf (49%). Odfjell Terminals’ strategy is to grow within its current footprint of terminals but also look at developing opportunities to support the growth ambition of Odfjell Terminals. A possibility is to harvest synergies with Odfjell Tankers. The group’s current capacity is 1.8 million CBM of storage space with ~840 tanks.
Odfjell Terminal operates sixt tank terminals, which are located in key ports around the world. The terminal network also includes a cooperation agreement with a group of tank terminals in South America, partly owned by related parties.