Who We Really Are
At our core, we’re obsessed with SAFETY, and that obsession ensures that everything begins and ends with the health and well-being of our employees, our customers, and the communities that we serve.
To ensure that we’re constantly increasing the value that we bring, we have a laser sharp CUSTOMER FOCUS, and we integrate their needs and expectations into the way we operate our business every day.
We respect and encourage individuals to grow and develop as unique contributors to their teams, and recognize that the only viable path to success is through WINNING WITH PEOPLE.
With PERFORMANCE as an underlying thread that weaves through everything we do, we operate with passion and discipline while continually improving our business to remain the best performing company in our industry.
What It Takes To Be A Good Fit
You recognize the responsibility you have to always bring value to those you work with, and that makes you a great TEAM PLAYER. Your desire to continuously improve yourself ensures that, regardless of your role, you are always COACHABLE and proactively seeking feedback from others.
You don’t wait for things to happen, but instead take the INITIATIVE to make them happen. This comes naturally to you as a result of the unbreakable FOCUS you have on your goals and objectives, and the plan you have put in place to ensure that you reach them.
You understand just how important CONSISTENCY is, not only when it comes to results, but also with respect to your critical leading indicators, and the demeanor you bring to work every day.
A PASSION for being on the road and client-facing activities. Spending the majority of your week performing prospecting and upselling customer visits, building customer-specific plans and propane proposals.
If Superior Propane appears to be a good fit based on what you’ve read so far, continue on to see if the available role is right for you.
What We’re Looking For
In order to help us continue growing our business, we’re looking for a Territory Sales Representative that will focus on growing our commercial customer base in Ontario.
You will bring a proven track record in consultative selling and will lead the commercial sales business for your teammates in the Ontario Market Place. You’ll have a clearly defined process from lead generation through to account management.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Representative is responsible for building new customer accounts for Superior Propane. Working within a defined Territory and/or Line-of-Business, the Territory Sales Representative will market and sell Superior Propane products and services to new customers to successfully achieve predefined sales goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with the Regional Sales Manager to develop, recommend and execute a sales plan that leverages national and regional programs and resources to consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Prospects, researches and identifies new business opportunities and works the sales plan to create awareness, discover customer needs and deliver product and service solutions.
- Initiates and leads the sales cycle/process as a subject matter expert and acts as the customer’s key contact and resource. Builds strong business relationships with prospective customers and manages the sales funnel/cycle by continually following up on their current business needs and anticipating future business needs.
- Prepares and confidently presents sales proposals, including pricing and product/service terms, to key decision makers. Influences, negotiates and closes the sale with the best interest of the company and the customer in mind.
- Collaborates with and engages the Regional Leadership Team to ensure the needs of the customer can be and will be met.
- Communicates regularly and prepares reports on key performance indicators and communication on sales progress within the sales funnel/cycle and achievements. Intimately knows customer base and area activity and utilizes information and data to capitalize on sales opportunities and recommend sales strategies.
- Resolves any issues as they arise and involves subject matter experts and key decision makers as needed to remove obstacles.
- Owns the account from prospecting through to ongoing account management.
- Promotes and represents Superior Propane positively and professionally within the community and industry to all customers, competitors and industry associates.
- Five (5) to 10 years sales experience, with proven sales growth record
- Strong focus on new business development
- Exceptional customer service skills and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated Indigenous Relations Experience/Background with a strong understanding and awareness of Indigenous culture.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Business acumen, financial and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills (Windows, MS Office, SalesForce an asset)
- Knowledge of the propane industry and/or oil & gas industry an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel for 2-3 nights per month.
Job Type: Full-time