Principal Engineers at Intel are active technical leaders inside and outside the company. Activities include participation in major industry and academic conferences, voting membership in international standards committees, generation of patents and technical papers.
We are seeking a leader in the device speech & audio space with expertise in 2 key areas:
Speech - voice assistance
Audio - audio consumption, immersive audio
Candidates should have expertise in software, hardware or both. Will work closely with CTO's at key OEM partners an future innovations and PC features in this space which includes building out the technology roadmap over the next 3-4 years.
BS or higher in CS or EE or related focus
10 years of relevant experience in the following:
- Audio, Voice, Speech and Sensing Technologies, PC architecture, signal processing techniques and industry trends.
- System integration skills and knowledge of end-to-end flows (sensor-to-result)
- Corresponding experience in successful cross-functional collaboration
- Experience in leading the research, creation, coordination, communication, instituting and refreshing of technology roadmaps in the low power audio, voice, speech, vision and sensing area.
- This involves the assessment of external technical trends; the identification of new areas of future importance; leveraging input from technical experts, strategic planning and client marketing; researching core technologies; assessing feasibility; developing technology plans for chosen areas; communicating and instituting those plans in Intel platforms. Collaborate with algorithm developers inside and outside of Intel to produce compelling user experiences involving voice, speech, and sensing that are best on Intel platforms. Write product requirements & IP contract documentation for HW/SW/FW engineers to seed feature implementation.
15+ years in skills listed aboveInside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....