Patra is a leading provider of Technology-Enabled Services to the insurance industry. Patra's team of global experts allow brokers, MGAs, wholesalers and carriers to capture the Patra Advantage - profitable growth and organizational value.
Patra powers insurance processes by optimizing the application of people and technology; supporting insurance organizations as they sell, deliver and manage policies for their customers.
About this job
As part of the Data & Analytics team, the BI Manager will drive the full-stack development of Business Intelligence solutions in support of Patra's strategic initiatives. This position will support senior management, sales, finance, and operations by providing analytical data and financial information that provide insight into business performance that will be utilized in the strategic and operational decision making to maintain standards of excellence. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical and communication skills, as well as proven experience in generating insights that have a material impact on financial performance.
- Lead the business analytics and business intelligence team.
- Proven experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment) with a demonstrated strength in Data Presentation using Tableau.
- Exhibit a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and an in-depth knowledge of, and experience with, the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS).
- Leverage Data Presentation skills, design and implementation for data visualization and analytical abilities to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs.
- Lead ad-hoc analysis and scenario planning for a variety of business leaders.
- In-depth hands-on experience with data profiling to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for the purposes of architecting enterprise data models and dashboards.
- Create and implement platforms, data warehouses/data marts, reporting mechanisms, and business modeling that will effectively scale with the company's growth.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Operations and Finance teams by providing leadership and mentoring related to business analytics and reporting solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of systems and processes in order to extract insights from existing data.
- Recommend improvements and develop strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency; drive improved data quality and consistency across all data solutions in the business.
Minimum Requirements - Education & Experience
- BS in Economics, Finance, Computer Science or Statistics; MBA Preferred
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in a mid-to-senior level business analytics position, with specific experience in financial and business intelligence systems in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional problem solving skills with strategic agility to manage complex and ambiguous opportunities.
- Expert computer and information systems knowledge including data warehousing, business intelligence reporting and database applications such as Tableau, SQL Server, Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), PostgreSQL, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior ability to analyze and profile raw data from disparate data sources to prepare data solutions at various stages of maturity and curation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, organization, analytical, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in handling large datasets, structured and semi-structured data formats
- Experience with Agile development methods.
- Work from home
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; no satellite
- Competitive Salary / Benefits / PTO
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Sort/file paperwork, rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Patra Corp will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Patra colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Patra Corp policies and procedures