If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We've been changing the game since 2013, and we're not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the Associate Product Management Program
Carvana is striving to become a world-class tech organization and believes the way to do that is to invest in the people who make us great. That means leveling up our existing rock star product leaders, as well as creating a program to develop up and coming talent, new to product. We have seen tremendous success pairing Associate Product Managers (APMs) with driven Carvana leaders who share that same passion for growing a team and look forward to another year of bringing in ambitious, talented team members to continue to raise the bar.
Sounds amazing, huh? Here is the gist of the program:
- 12 -18 month guided tour from knowing as little as nothing about product to being a full, empowered, autonomous Product Manager, running part of the business
- Tailored training curriculum based on your experience, knowledge, and interests
- You'll be paired with a senior colleague on the product team, who will educate you daily in the wax-on, wax-off ways of product
- You'll be given hands-on education in things like UX design, analytics, and data science, and provided with endless opportunities to find the parts that you're great at and love the most
- Rotation through different parts of our organization - after the program, you'll be fully networked across the technical organization with more knowledge than you'll know what to do with
- You'll work directly for one of our most senior product leaders, receiving regular career guidance and feedback on your growth
What We're Looking For
We're looking for incredibly intelligent, entrepreneurial, hard-working go-getters who are excited about Carvana, love software, and want the opportunity to grow to new levels.
Our emphasis here is less on experience and more on horsepower. This is a shot to prove yourself worthy of the product team, and we only want to take those with the highest ceilings. If you think you can help us level up the whole tech organization, then drop us a line.
What you'll be doing
These are deliberately limited at first but will grow in scope with time.
- Learning. This is one of the few times in your career you'll have the chance to level up your skillset while getting paid for it. All we ask is that you pay attention and prepare to build some great software once you're ready.
- Total ownership of tactical items. These will be bite-sized tasks to start. As you gain experience, the bites will get bigger and more strategic.
- Total ownership includes requirements drafting, feature prioritization, coordination with engineering and stakeholders, and QA to verify fidelity to your requirements; followed by impact assessments and presentations.
- Coordination with analytics teams to get answers to questions, glean insights from reporting, and surface those insights to the broader org.
- Ad hoc analytical deep dives on product questions - e.g. a question may come up at a meeting, and you may be asked to dig into SQL, CosmosDB(NoSQL), or Splunk to figure out the answer.
- Coordination both with product colleagues, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- GoToMarket strategy is a big part of being a product manager. You will work closely with our launch team, UX and marketing teams to position your products for the best customer success possible.
What you should know
- Undergraduate-level education in STEM, Economics/Finance, or HCI/UX (or equivalent experience)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, no matter what it is, for the sake of the team and our customers
- Sense of humor, we don't take ourselves too seriously and love to have fun
- Opinions - you should be familiar with a lot of products in consumer web/mobile and have some degree of taste around what you do and don't like
- A mentality that customers come first, team second, and yourself third
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions
- Solid applied math capabilities - if you can crack open a calculus or statistics textbook and get to a correct answer, you're good to go
- A driven, relentless - but positive! - attitude
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.