Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
In this role, you will lead the global Disputes product vision, strategic direction and execution for Marqeta's customers and business. Along with direct responsibility for Product Management and Product Operations, you will collaborate across the company with Revenue, Operations, Delivery, Customer Success, Legal and other functions to drive new capabilities that ultimately deliver positive cardholder experiences and efficient business outcomes. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and implement internal processes facilitating scale, efficiency and quality. Your innovative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth and service quality at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, people skills, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation through post-launch.
- Create and manage product strategy, drive roadmaps, project plans, and clear product specifications that consistently deliver quality Disputes product offerings
- Recruit, coach, and develop your team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to the craft of Product Management as a member of Marqeta's Product organization
- Ensure successful and compliant product launches, working cross-functionally through dependencies with your peers and other teams
- Collaborate with engineering, design, finance, and operations to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Act as primary product area evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to assess market trends and customer demand to drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
- Certify the financial accuracy of the products using data-driven approaches and validation, and ensure the QA process, test planning and methodologies are effective
- Coach your team to collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 7+ years experience in product management, with demonstrated leadership progression and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with payment networks
- 4+ years of successful managerial experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally across a product management team and influence others within and outside the company
- Ability to create a vision and translate it into detailed and prioritized plans
- Strong communication skills across a variety of audiences and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Deep technical ability, but you prefer to lean on your leadership skills and enable others
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
Bonus points for
- Experience successfully building and shipping payments or fintech products
- Experience leading SaaS platform products
- Experience using product analytics to inform direction and/or data design
- Experience in product strategy and/or product marketing functions
- A Graduate degree: MBA, technical or equivalent
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual "Hack Week" to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.