Brafasco (www.Brafasco.com) is one of Canada's leading construction and industrial supply distributors, coast-to-coast. From manufacturing, infrastructure, construction, product training or industry knowledge, Brafasco provides customers with a wide range of products and services. In any commercial facility or project phase, Brafasco's one-stop-shop solutions provide customers what they need to meet or exceed the demands of their job. Brafasco is proud to partner with industry-leading manufacturers to support this shared goal with quality, value and productivity to solve the needs and challenges of customers.
Brafasco services and supports tens of thousands of customers across Canada in a wide range of industries and trades. With over 40 walk-in branches across several provinces, a fast-paced distribution centre and more than 400 employees, we are proud to contribute to the success of projects across the country.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Team Environment
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Internal Learning Centre for Career Development
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Oversees branch operations including counter and inside sales, purchasing, warehouse and delivery operations, administrative support and overall facility supervision.
- Coaches and motivates branch associates to deliver First Choice customer service at the counter and drives transactional sales growth. Drive company culture and initiative.
- Ensures awareness and commitment to safety and environmental compliance. Complies with all local, provincial and federal regulations in addition to company EHS policies. Ensures that all sales areas are kept clean.
- Manages branch team performance to ensure that work is performed in a safe and efficient manner, develops effective staffing schedules as well as ensuring branch staffing requirements are addressed with HR and management. Provides back-up to the manager during his/her absence.
- Ensures order pulling and stocking procedures are performed efficiently.
- Leads and supports the inside sales and order desk teams to maintain and/or implement standards and processes to deliver superior customer service.
- Ensures that inventory is properly received, recorded, stored, and shipped. Participates in annual inventory.
- Displays marketing programs and POS product offerings effectively.
- Experience provides solutions
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- 3+ years successful sales and/or sales operations experience in a customer service and/or related field; industry experience preferred.
- Wholesale distribution experience, specifically experience with construction products, safety supplies, fasteners, tools, abrasives, etc.
- Post Secondary Education, Diploma, or Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with knowledge of Great Plains.
- Experience in freight, shipping and/or receiving. Forklift/Reach Truck License required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver's License and Clear Driver's Abstract.