Public Adjuster/ Sales Position
We are a rapidly growing public adjusting firm focusing on property insurance claims for commercial and residential clients seeking a Property Claims Adjuster to join our team. We provide our services 24/7/365 in order to make sure all of our customers are taken care of in a timely manner. We are committed to our employees and have opportunities for growth.
The Property Claims Adjuster will assist our residential homeowners and commercial property owners with insurance claims. The ideal candidate for Property Claims Adjuster position must be a self-directed, energetic, confident individual who is able to effectively and promptly evaluate and negotiate settlement of residential homeowners and commercial property claims with insurance carriers while following the Company’s procedures via various communication channels such as telephone, internet and email. This individual will also communicate with other field representatives, insurance adjusters, clients and all parties required in the claims’ settlement process.
The Property Claims Adjuster position is available to individuals who currently hold an active 3-20 Florida resident public adjuster license (minimum required). Commissions on settled cases given.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Actively manage individual claim inventory and meet time-cycle goals for closing files.
- Make independent decisions and self-supervise most files but recognizes when assistance is needed.
- Effectively and promptly evaluate, negotiate, and equitably settle residential homeowners and commercial property claims with insurance carriers.
- Complies with legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Required to hold an active 3-20 Florida resident public adjuster license
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,) Adobe (2 Years preferred).
- Ability to review Xactimate estimates.
- Ability to handle efficiently and effectively simple to complex property claims.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles, and practices.
- Attention to detail, superior organizational skills and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, strong work ethic, tenacious follow up and professional demeanor.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, persuasive, time management and multi-tasking skills while operating with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that allow you to communicate effectively with insurance carrier claim adjusters and Company team members.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of construction and the components that make up building a structure.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Know how to be a team player.
- Ability to work autonomously to perform all essential duties.
- Must possess values consistent with Company: honesty, integrity, motivation, self-starter, and willingness to work hard.
- Must have your own phone.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Property Claims Adjusting/Negotiating: 2 years Preferred
- Construction Industry: 2 years Preferred
Work authorization: United States (Required)
- Life Insurance
- Accident/Hospitalization/Critical Illness/Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Prepaid Legal
- Employee discount program
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Weekends, as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Claims Adjusting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Florida 3(20) Public Adjuster License (Required)
- Multiple locations