Crooked Media is looking to hire an Account Manager (or Sr. AM) who will play an integral role in sales operations and relationship growth of Crooked's direct and agency accounts.
The (Sr.) Account Manager will be the lead point of contact with clients to execute and optimize client campaigns from kickoff to wrap, ensuring smooth execution, reporting, KPIs, and great client service. The ideal candidate will be effective in communication, organization, and critical thinking, while thriving in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment. Candidates should have experience with RFP volume-based business as well as the creation and distribution of proactive opportunities. The candidate will report to our VP of Sales and will be responsible for collaborating with pre and post-sale support staff.
Crooked is exploring a hybrid model for our entire staff and is ideally looking for locally based candidates, or candidates willing to relocate.
How You'll Spend Your Time:
- Day to day Crooked sales efforts for all available Crooked ad inventory both direct to brands and via agencies with a focus on traditional digital holding companies
- Bring to the table new relationships as well as leveraging your existing relationships to meet quarterly and yearly revenue targets. Develop new relationships at all levels with agency and client partners.
- Manage the sales pipeline with timely and accurate forecasting as the primary point of contact for brand partners to ensure goals are met and surpassed with an emphasis towards maintaining long-term client satisfaction.
- Partner with Crooked Media's sales team, senior account management, creative, and production teams to integrate partnerships with programming; work closely with our ad operations team to ensure smooth executions
- Manage the strategy, implementation and optimization of partnerships with major hosts and key stakeholders for shows and publishers
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners
- Prospect, including the ability to qualify new leads and close new accounts
- Contribute to additional sales projects that require research, deck development or proactive response on a case-by-case basis
- Relay client and marketplace feedback and insights to better inform Crooked sales offerings, tentpoles and calendar initiatives
- Generate media plans and sponsorship proposals for podcasts, video, social, newsletters, and event integrations
Sr. Account Manager looks like this:
- Initiative - we're a small team, so a Sr. level has the skill level to take initiative and independently drive the sales process.
- Strategy - one of your strengths is to take the sales process and client relationships to the next level and create strategies that will grow our team and relationships.
- Organization - you have the eye to see opportunities in our processes and create solutions to increase our efficiency and overall revenue. You don't let anything slip while multitasking assignments and client requests!
What You'll Bring To The Table:
- 4-6 years of experience for Account Manager, 7+ for Sr. level
- Experience working with creative talent in high stakes scenarios
- Project management experience, with experience leading and handling multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
- Must have previous presentation and client-facing experience in media
- Keen sense of confidence, ability to learn, and willingness to share knowledge learnings to teach the entire team
- Selfless team contributor willing to take ownership of tasks
- Positive collaboration even when things are difficult
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (high proficiency in excel), ability to put together wrap reports (Megaphone), pitch decks (PowerPoint), and proposals (excel). Copywriting/creative capabilities a bonus.
Crooked believes that we need a better conversation about politics, culture, and the world around us—one that doesn't just focus on what's broken, but what we can do to fix it. We are a media network that showcases stories, voices, and opportunities for activism that inform, entertain, and inspire action, because it's up to all of us to do our part to build a better world.
We cultivate a culture of creativity and expression at Crooked Media. We hire the best talent, ensure they have the tools and training they need, and set them free. If you have a high degree of ownership and are driven to excel, you'll fit right in.
We approach our work courageously, adapt and improve constantly, and celebrate the wins big and small.
We welcome everyone—as an inclusive workplace, we invite all our employees to bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Our mission and intent encourage people from every nation, race/ethnicity, belief, gender, sexual identity, disability, and culture to feel respected and valued for their unique contributions to our company.
Crooked Media offers full-time, salaried employees competitive compensation packages, 100% company-paid healthcare, 401K matching, unlimited PTO, a fun company culture, casual environment, snacks to keep you energized throughout the day…and a chance to be part of something bigger than ourselves!
That's it. End of mission.