Overview: Position Overview
The Equity Mining Manager is responsible for driving incremental sales and acquiring additional inventory for their dealership, by actively prospecting our current sales and service databases, as well as identifying conquest customers in our service drives. The EMM will oversee and maximize utilization of the Equity Mining Tool (EMT), AutoNation’s proprietary equity mining software, for their dealership. Additionally, the EMM is responsible to select, train, coach, develop and retain the very best Sales Associates for their team. This team will use the EMT to increase incremental sales, and customer retention while achieving target profit margins and delighting every customer along the way. Lastly, the EMM will align with the service department to achieve these goals without disrupting our service operations or the customer experience.
This position interacts daily with Sales & Service customers, Sales Associates, Service Advisors, Service Director, other managers, Financial Services Manager, and support staff, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?*
- Leading yourself and the team in a way that supports AutoNation’s vision and mission.
- Setting a clear vision and goals for the EMT team to achieve targeted performance in vehicle acquisitions, as well as new and used vehicle sales.
- Engaging and motivating the team to achieve key goals, performance expectations and AutoNation best practice processes.
- Driving incremental business through a high-level of involvement in the day-to-day EMT team operations.
- Work with management to identify current promotions and inventory needs.
- Appraising vehicles for purchase or trade.
- Managing the appraisal and sales menu presentation process with the sales associate ensuring that customers understand their vehicle acquisition and replacement purchase options and pricing.
- Managing the in-service EMT process.
- Managing the outbound call activity in mining the EMT sales database, including customer contact, communication and appointment process.
- Assisting in managing controllable expense elements for the EMT department.
- Analyzing the business to determine shortfalls and developing action plans to improve performance.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Proven success in auto retails sales, with a focus on equity mining/service customer sales process.
- Ability to efficiently structure a buy/sell transaction with limited information and customer input.
- Proven leadership ability to mentor and train others.
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Ability to drive an exceptional Customer experience.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Experience and desire to work with technology.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe-driving record.
What are the opportunities for career growth? *Our Sales Managers have a few options for career growth and development after success in this role. Opportunities may include:
- Sales Manager/Director
- eCommerce Manager
- Used Vehicle Manager/Director
- General Sales Manager
- Financial Services Manager
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to appraise a vehicle ‘as it sits’.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Exposure to inclement weather.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.*
Location: 7970 South Autoplex Loop, Tempe, AZ 85284
Job Type: Full-time