Job Title: Account Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Advantech has an immediate opening within our key account sales force, as an Account Manager. This individual would work from an office or virtual office in the assigned territory.
The Account Manager of the vertical sales team will be responsible for developing business in industries covering North American marketplace. The primary responsibility of the Account Manager team is focused on new account penetration, net new sales revenue growth and vertical market expansion. The team will develop the sales leads, and turn them into profitable new business. Metrics for success include; lead conversion into new opportunities, accurately managing the pipeline and forecasted revenue, tracking and converting the opportunities into new sales revenue, and exhibiting monthly, quarterly and yearly sales growth.
- Developing and executing on strategic sales objectives to meet unique customer needs
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Providing information to cross-functional teams by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person
- Communication with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
- Handling complaints, setting disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
- Using computer and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information
- Analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Leverage advanced domain knowledge to create a competitive advantage
- Promote Advantech products and participate in tradeshows to generate new leads
- Responsible for quota attainment and personal expenses
- Researching and reporting industry and customer findings to help share domain knowledge
- Preparation and presentation of business proposals
- Lead and conduct frequent hardware training for customers and channel partners
- Travel in assigned territory to promote to, sell to and service the channel partners
- Preparation and delivery of OEM proposals within the key accounts
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, making calls to new and existing customers, and working on a computer
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are required
- Successful candidate should have 2 to 4 years sales experience with embedded products
- BS degree is preferred
- Self-starter, team player, positive attitude who can work independently from a home office without constant supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 35% of the time
- Understanding of embedded systems, industrial PC (hardware and software) is a plus
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Customer-centric, consultative and a passion for excellence in sales
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. More information can be found at https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
- Winning culture with a friendly, team-oriented environment!
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) company matched contributions
- Biannual bonuses
- Annual Company Trips
- Education reimbursement program
- 15 days of paid time off and 10 paid holidays
Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted innovative embedded and automation products and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, and global logistics support; all backed by industry-leading front and back office e-business solutions. Advantech has always been an innovator in the development and manufacture of high-quality, high-performance computing platforms.
We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. To realize our corporate vision of Enabling an Intelligent Planet, Advantech will continue collaborating and partnering for Smart city & IoT Solutions.
Advantech is an authorized alliance partner of both Intel® and Microsoft®. Our customers will find the technologies we use inside our products to be widely compatible with other products in the global marketplace. In 2018 and 2019, Interbrand, the world renowned brand consulting firm, once again recognized Advantech efforts to build a trusted, global brand; it also symbolizes a promise we gave to our business partners, which was to do our best to keep building a trustworthy brand that is recognized everywhere in the world. Advantech was selected as Interbrand’s #5 best Taiwan Global Brand in 2018.
Advantech is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We accept applications directly from candidates only and will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees absent a formal agreement.