Job DescriptionCompany Description Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Finance & Strategy improves strategic and financial across the company. Our team's core value is trust - we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help solve difficult problems. At Square we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere. We'll look to you to help form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision makers and the executive team.
The Finance & Strategy team is looking for a Sales Pricing Analyst. You will work with the Global Sales team, specifically the Asia-Pacific region, and play an important part in pricing strategy, deal pricing and negotiations, and sales operations.
- Help set competitive pricing across Square's portfolio of products to best position the sales team to succeed deals
- Develop and build pricing framework across all Square products
- Become an expert in credit card processing and point-of-sale competitor fees
- Perform pricing audits and analyses to inform changes to go-forward pricing implementation and strategy
- Analyze deal terms with strategic partners, advise on in-process negotiations, and propose creative solutions to improve outcomes
- Provide ad hoc strategic support including competitive pricing analysis, financial modeling, and performance measurement
- You will report to Finance Strategy Team Lead
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- 2 + years experience in a sales analyst, pricing, or finance position
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
- Proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with SQL is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- An inquisitive work style
- A passion for Square's mission
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.