We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
JTI-Macdonald Corp. is one of Canada’s leading tobacco and vape companies and we employ approximately 500 employees across Canada with administrative offices in Mississauga, manufacturing facilities in Montreal and sales offices across the country. For the past four years, and most recently in 2021, we have been awarded Top Employer.
We are a member of Japan Tobacco International (JTI), maker of some of the world’s best-known brands in the traditional tobacco and potentially Reduced-Risk Products (RRP) categories. As our industry changes, our commitment to consumer choice remains. We are transforming to provide a wider portfolio of quality products, including those with the potential to reduce the risks associated with smoking.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 44,000 people across the globe in over 130 countries worldwide. JTI has been recognized as one of only 16 Global Top Employers for the seventh consecutive year. after Top Employer Institute certified the Company in every region it operates.
What sets us apart? Simply put, it is our passion for people, our culture of integrity and respect, our setting the bar high for performance, and our pursuit of continuous improvement in all that we do. These attributes create an environment that offers a wide range of local and global career development opportunities. For more information, we invite you to visit www.jti.com and www.jt-science.com.
The Trade Marketer assumes a primary role in the development of JTI-Macdonald Corp. market share and volume within his/her territory by executing trade programs, optimizing product mix, and ensuring optimal product quality/freshness, core brand distribution and inventory levels, and the timely and accurate collection of store-level data. Also responsible for retail agreement and service fee budget allocations.
- Optimize product distribution, inventory levels, space allocation and fair and competitive pricing at the retail, wholesale and cash & carry and level within a predefined territory
- Ensure the sound management of his/her territory in terms of data reports, trade program budgets, weekly expense account, car stock, tools and company car maintenance.
- Negotiate independent retail contracts and maintain and monitor compliance for key targeted accounts that meet the criteria outlined by regional direction within assigned budget allocations and maintaining proper account information
- Implement retail programs and product launches as directed, in order to maximize results and return on investment while remaining within assigned budget allocations, while ensuring compliance & timely and effective execution
- Educate the trade to resell JTI-MC products through proper communication of brand attributes and use of trade support tools developed by the Sales and Marketing group and the implementation of all retail initiatives assigned by the District Sales Manager
- Monitor and report compliance of all National and Regional chain agreements in his/her territory
- Regularly engage retail and wholesale customers in conversation regarding their business and general industry trends, effectively communicating competitive activity on a timely basis
- Present a professional image, create and maintain a good business rapport with all customers in line with JTI Corporate guidelines and code of conduct
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary education
- Exceptional communication skills
- A willingness to participate in decision making with regional management
- A full valid license is required (Tool of the Trade (company vehicle) will be included)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
- Understanding of financial planning and time management
- Minimum 2 years experience in FMCG sales
Skills, Competencies & Languages
- Solid knowledge and skill level with Microsoft Office products
- Sales experience is an asset
- English - Additional languages are an asset
- Commercial understanding
- Strong communication skills
- Selling and negotiating skills
JTI-Macdonald Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Please note that we welcome internal referrals, as per policy and candidates must be duly authorized to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.