GFL Environmental is looking for a Industrial Services Supervisor to support our Commercial lines of business out of our Bowmanville, ON site. The Supervisor will be primarily responsible for overseeing all daily operations. To ensure all employees are performing to the company policies and procedures and the appropriate laws that govern them. Overseeing and providing leadership to all employees with the ability to communicate to them on a daily basis. Develop and review routes to company standards. Maintain all documentation, such as daily reports, purchase orders & filing. Direct all employees as needed.
- Manage and attend all Health and Safety meetings and train employees on any safety issues
- Schedule service and satisfy customer needs for service changes. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies
- Dispatch crews for various projects and demands
- Perform driver check-ins at day’s end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Distribute, collect and review all daily reports for proper days end data entry.
- Ensure coordination with other departments, clarifying roles and responsibilities for resolving service issues
- Review of daily paperwork and billing of completed work orders
- Purchase order processing for all payables for location
- Interacts with customers, customer service department, sales, & Operations staff
- Fields incoming calls / emails from customers, manage customer complaints and concerns.
- Supervise any HR concerns with staff on discipline, vacations and WSIB
- Assist in forming business plans for tenders and other new business ventures
- Oversee that all employees are adhering to company policies and procedures
- Oversee building and grounds maintenance for Operations
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Attend meetings as required, other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Vacuum Truck & Hydro Vacuum Truck experience – Minimum 2 years
- Confined Space & Rescue certified – Minimum 2 year’s experience
- College diploma/degree in business or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 2 years in a Supervisor role
- WSIB certified training certificate
- First Aid training certificate
- Experience and strong knowledge in operating waste vehicles
- Experience and strong knowledge of operating all company machines
- Strong knowledge of Highway traffic act and OH & S Act
- WHIMIS training
- Experience using MS Word, Excel
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
GFL is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- What is your email address?