CopperPoint has two openings for a Claims Relationship Manager position. The Claims Relationship Manager provides support to the senior claims account executive team in their day to day operations and preparation for and follow up on policyholder claim reviews.
- Prepare meeting packets for claims relationship manager-related work to include point of sale, account installation, claim reviews, and other related meetings.
- Claims reviews to include: pulling status reports for distribution to broker; printing status reports for CRM review and completing checklists/obtaining current information i.e. med status, work restrictions.
- Coordinate, prepare and present claims reviews for broker partners and policy holders.
- Memorialize claim review follow up, claim adjuster responses and ensure completion of all agreed up action items.
- Generate claim status reports, loss runs and other broker-requested reports and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Serve as point person for broker partners in relation to all claims activity and act as liaison as necessary to other business units.
- Serve as point person for claim information, updates, status reports and loss runs for previous policyholders.
- Successfully complete the annual corporate Code of Conduct Training. Demonstrate full knowledge, understanding and compliance with the Code.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Senior level adjuster with 5+ years of experience handling workers compensation claims, preferably in a carrier environment.
- Prior brokerage or supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the capability to effectively communicate with all internal and external stakeholders in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal, influence management and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution and collaborative skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive, and evaluative skills to make appropriate decisions.
- Solid planning and organizational skills including time management, prioritization, follow up and attention to detail. Must be able to set priorities, meet commitments and deadlines.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
Founded in 1925, CopperPoint Insurance Companies is a leading provider of workers’ compensation and commercial insurance solutions. With an expanded Line of insurance products and a growing six-state footprint in the southwestern United States, CopperPoint embodies stability for policyholders in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah. CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Holding Company is the corporate parent of Arizona-based CopperPoint Insurance Companies, California-based Pacific Compensation Insurance Company and other CopperPoint Insurance Entities.
CopperPoint’s culture of compassion extends to the community through employee volunteerism, corporate matching, Board service, program sponsorships and in-kind contributions. We empower employees by providing 12-hours of paid volunteer time annually and matching their personal contribution to the charities of their choice up to $500 per year. In 2019, CopperPoint employees reported 3,500 volunteer hours.
CopperPoint offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental, vision and a wide range of competitive benefits programs, generous matching contributions to your 401(k) plan, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and other education benefits and business casual dress. CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.