Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That’s just what our employees are doing every single day – in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
To strengthen our Team in the in the Eye Care Provider Division, we are seeking a Business Development Representative for our E. PA territory (ideal home base: Allentown, Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Wyomessing, or Easton PA. Must live within territory). Under general direction from the Regional Business Development Manager, the Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for the overall management, objectives, and plans for the assigned territory within the U.S. Independent Eye Care Professional (ECP) Channel. The BDR is an experienced business-to-business sales representative with the ability to source, develop and cultivate new clients and new business and consolidate share of wallet. This individual would be responsible for conducting sales calls with eye care professionals (ECPs) such as optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians and other optical specialists to promote our ZEISS products, services and practice-based solutions using both consultative and conceptual selling approaches, and then documenting customer records and activity within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The BDR will develop and maintain effective plans for their assigned territory, will develop and implement account specific programs and business plans and will act as change agent to the expansion of ZEISS product and portfolio utilization.
- Meet or exceed sales growth targets for Direct Rx business and other strategic targets such as premium lenses, coatings, dispensing tools and equipment, or key sales programs
- Segment territory using CRM Account Classification system and identify key customer targets to increase territory sales
- Profile and evaluate each customer’s store operation, financial data, business model & profit drivers, and create value-based sales strategies that has positive financial impact on company
- Conduct and prepare pre-call planning and call objectives, and anticipate likely objections; understand motivations and establish a relationship as a trusted advisor / consultant
- Lead sales conversation with ECPs by challenging and persuading them to change behavior. Build agreement at each point in the sales process, remove barriers and close the deal
- Create innovative tactical and strategic approaches to meet and exceed business objectives when faced with an obstacle or a customer concern
- Treat territory as own franchise by creating and executing territory plan to achieve goals; consider required investment and financial impact in developing customer strategies
- Increase sales by effectively communicating the advantages and benefits of Carl Zeiss Vision products and services to Eye Care Professionals
- Support and implements national marketing plans, utilizing digital tools and apps
- Schedule, plan, develop and conduct on-site individual, group and office training and educational seminars to increase demand for Carl Zeiss Vision labs, lenses and dispensing tools
- Maximize and execute customer marketing programs to accomplish goals and objectives
- Establish a positive, productive and collaborate working relationships with Carl Zeiss Vision employees and colleagues
- Operate with the highest ethical standard during every customer interaction and in alignment with Carl Zeiss philosophies and leadership principles
- Input accurate and timely reports via Salesforce.com
- Efficiently manage travel cost and leverage smart spending techniques
- Prepare and submit timely expense reports
- BS or BA in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Marketing or related field strongly preferred
- 3+ years in a successful business to business sales environment, preferably in Rx sales, optical, medical device or retail operations industry with Fortune 500 companies
- Strong sales focus with the ability to move key opportunities through the sales cycle, providing detailed and accurate sales forecasts using the company's CRM tool
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Effective consultative, conceptual and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to establish influential relationship with customers
- Disciplined and results-oriented approach to selling and strong time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to influence situations and people
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- ABO & ABO speaker certification preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to be proficient with standard MS Office applications, company technology devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) for territory management and product orders and knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity. We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you need accommodations to complete the application process, please email [email protected] to request assistance.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.