The California Center for the Arts, Escondido is seeking experienced Event Coordinators to join the Conference Center Sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and hardworking team, while growing in your career!
About the Center:
The Center is a non-profit organization presenting a rich and diverse array of artistic and cultural offerings. Through arts in education, quality programming, affordable rental facilities, and low-cost and free performances, the Center is able to enrich the lives of the community it serves. With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create and celebrate both the visual and performing arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
About the Role:
The Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Catering Sales and Services staff in the sales, administration, office coordination and execution of events. Hours are primarily weekdays with weekends scheduled based on events
Why work at the Center? What employees are saying: “Wonderful staff, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth!
If you are the ideal candidate and reasonably meet the outlined expectation of experience and qualifications, and if you would like to be a part of a rewarding environment, submit your resume and cover letter today! The Center is proud to offer a robust benefits package.
Application deadline: Until the position has been filled
Note: The Center is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation. The Center participates in E-Verify.
Department: Conference Center Sales
Supervisor: Sr. Catering Sales Manager
FLSA Category: Non-exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
Position Status: Full-time, hourly (40 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: Based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits Package: Our competitive benefits package includes healthcare, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings, complimentary tickets, and much more.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Catering Sales and Services staff in the sales, administration, office coordination and execution of events. Hours are primarily weekdays with weekends scheduled based on events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represents the Center in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Acts as liaison between clients and Catering Sales.
- Conducts property tours and attends client meetings as needed.
- Answers incoming calls, handles walk-in inquiries and distributes leads as directed.
- Assists in coordinating and selling décor, linens, china, etc.
- Assembles trade show collateral, sales packets, and more.
Event Coordination and Planning
- Acts as liaison between Catering Sales, Food & Beverage, Banquets and Accounting.
- As assigned coordination of entry level events and house accounts.
- Acts as point of contact and coordinator at events as assigned (weddings, meetings, special events)
- Assists Catering Sales Managers with event planning from conception to post-event follow-up.
- Types, edits, and proofreads correspondence. (Contracts, BEO’s, letters, and more)
- Maintains trace file system
- Monitors event calendar
- Assists with estimated invoices, deposits and payments
- Ensures consistency of information
- Takes pride and responsibility for the office and appearance.
- Maintains hard and online account files and database.
- Updates projections.
- Assists with marketing and monitoring on line sites.
- Assists with special projects, menu revisions, marketing, and more.
- Attends staff meetings as needed.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written, proofreading, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning skills, and ability to accomplish multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment working with multi-level distractions.
- Extremely well-organized, proactive, punctual and reliable.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan and coordinate projects.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Hospitality or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Sales and Food and Beverage experience preferred
- Nonprofit experience desired, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The workspace is in an office, front desk, and sales environment. Noise levels vary, but can be moderate to high during programming and events. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time with respect to both indoor and outdoor events. Temperature levels may include hot, cold, and mild. The noise level in the work environment may be low, moderate, and at times may be high.
California Center for the Arts, Escondido is an equal opportunity employer