The Global Markets Client Lifecycle Management group (GM CLM) exists to help protect the Firm from Regulatory and Reputational Risk. The Know Your Customer (KYC) Ongoing Due Diligence team is responsible for the regular periodic reviews of Clients in accordance with Financial Crime and Anti Money Laundering (AML) procedures in adherence of standards set by the UK and US regulators. The group works very closely with Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) teams globally, acting as the first line of defense for the Banks KYC review process
What this role includes:
Act as a key owner to each KYC ongoing due diligence case you are assigned and provide updates to all internal and external business partners
- Apply the Firm’s KYC policy to each and working with the front office and in some cases, the external client to validate all requirements are up to date and on file
- Verification should be in accordance with local regulatory and Credit Suisse policies / procedures.
- KYC analysts verify that Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) and Adverse Media/Negative News screening has taken place using appropriate systems.
- Ensure clients are accurately classified as prescribed by CS Policy and Regulatory expectations.
- Provide training on KYC/ Anti Money Laundering (AML) to Colleagues and other Departments as required
Your future colleagues
The team provides mentorship and advice to the Bank’s front office personnel around KYC requirements and financial crime issues liaising closely with the second line of defense FCC teams. This group is also involved closely with many internal business partners including the business, external clients and ultimately Financial Crime Compliance (FCC). It’s an exciting time to join this team as we are continually streamlining our Client Lifecycle management team. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values
We are looking for:
- Proven Knowledge of US, UK or EU regulatory environment and general AML (Anti Money Laundering) and KYC principles (preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is essential
- Good analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.