Organizational unit / Cost centre:
Vice President – North America Sales & Applications, President – North America
Tasks and responsibilities
Responsible for promoting company’s products and solutions, selling the company’s manufacturing and turnkey automation systems and project solutions at the best possible profit margins, positioning PIA Automation as the leading and most respected Automation Engineering and Equipment Manufacturing company, helping to position the company for growth across North America region, developing new opportunities in target market sectors and meeting quarterly and annual bookings targets.
Sales & Business Development Strategy
· Develop, initiate and execute with effective penetration plans. Responsible for sales from assigned accounts and market sectors.
· Contribute to meeting team, sales and market plans by retaining and growing profitable customer relationships.
· Travel to customer’s site to promote the capabilities of company; work with customer to determine initial concepts and feasibility of potential automation projects.
· Planning and preparation of sales presentations. Assist in the organization and preparation of industry trade shows.
· Produce market analysis as prescribed by the division Sales Manager and/or CSO. Recommend refinements to product and pricing strategies.
· Building customer relationships to maintain and develop the company’s customer base.
· Works with in-house Applications Engineers (and technical staff) to assist in preparing proposals, estimates, and operational specifications and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction for customers.
· Participate in contract negotiation including technical specification, financial terms and delivery.
· Generate sales and marketing forecasts to assist company management in business planning.
· Maintain a high level of knowledge and prepare regular reports on new technology, new markets, competition, trends, customers’ CAPEX cycles and environment.
Sales & Business Development Performance Culture
· Develop, and maintain an active sales funnel of potential clients and prospects, and update on a regular basis (and when possible in CRM system)
· Develop strategic sales and marketing plans (account plans) for each account and prospective client in conjunction with overall segment and organizational objectives
· Engage with the client on technical level to understand the client’s specific requirements and then in turn be able to present viable solutions
· Present recommendations on bids (bid-no-bid) to senior management team.
· Work in partnership with Applications Engineering and other engineering groups, and supply chain to devise and present the optimum manufacturing/automation solution for clients.
· Leverage multiple sources to identify and qualify potential clients, such as cold-calling, personal and professional networks, contacts with existing or prospective clients etc.
· Act as first level customer liaison in all customer/company transactions and maintain
high level of customer satisfaction.
· Achieve performance objectives within the context set by the division Sales Manager and/or CSO.
· Develop sales plans of company’s services and solutions by researching and resolving customer problems.
· Collect customer requirements and generate recommendation for winning solution.
· Maintain a sales program based on customers’ requirements and checks on competitive activities
Forecasting & Budget
· Develop order/OI forecasts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and as requested.
· Operate within the Sales Plan and operating budget parameters as defined by the division’s management.
· Report on account performance using the formats, schedule and requirements provided by the Management.
· With regards to price, schedule, terms and conditions and other commercial issues, the Account/Business Development Manager will operate within the parameters prescribed by the division’s President or executive management.
· Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the defined customer satisfaction measurement process.
· Ensure trends in customer expectations are communicated to the executive management within expected timeframes/using approved methods.
· Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance of our company’s Code of Business Conduct.
· Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
Position requirements / Profile of position (qualifications)
Education / Job experience:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering degree preferred) and a secondary degree in a business management, sales, marketing, or related field.
· 7-10 years of successful and verifiable experience of strategic selling and negotiation skills in “solution and systems sales” of capital equipment or industrial automation in the target markets
· Demonstrates “Hunter” mentality when it comes to identifying prospects and turning them into clients.
· Must demonstrate the drive and motivation to sell and enjoy the challenge of selling in the industrial automation/manufacturing solutions industry.
· Must exhibit self-directedness, independence and an extremely proactive approach
· Strong presentation skills in order to present to internal stakeholders and existing and potential clients to sell technical concepts.
· Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
· Must possess an active network of contacts in the target market segments in the North America region.
· Demonstrated ability to lead proposal teams.
· Demonstrated effective negotiation skills, representing the company's long-term business requirements on multi-year contracts.
· Must be willing to travel extensively.
· Technical proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
· Highly effective teamwork skills
· Ability to coordinate various work activities and function within tight time schedules
· Excellent written skills in English, Spanish, and German considered an asset
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
355 Norfinch Drive,
North York, ON, Canada
Vice President – North America Sales & Applications
All employees are responsible for compliance with and implementation of the guidelines of the Integrated Management System (IMS) and must contribute actively to the integration of the IMS system into the day-to-day business activities and thus to the effectiveness.
All employees are responsible for the protection of and the compliance with internal information security. Confidentiality of the information and written data is always to be checked before provided to the third parties.
All employees must apply the regulations defined in the respective laws concerning protection of life, health and the public morality according to their training and the instructions given by the employer. They have to behave in such a way that danger is avoided as far as possible. Information sources are officially displayed laws, supervisors, prevention specialistsand safety.
Reference ID: 1003
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
All candidates and employees are required to wear masks at all times when inside the building. There are daily temperature checks and screening questions administered by Human Resources or Operational perseonnel.