Be Inspired. Be Entrepreneurial. Be Local.
Principal Architect (10+ yrs experience)
Serve SoCal Based Clients. Orange county based.
CompassX is a 100% local business and technology consulting firm headquartered in SoCal and we are rapidly growing our team in Orange County and Los Angeles. YOU can be part of the growth story, not a cog in the wheel. YOU will have the opportunity to use your experience, creativity, and passion to put your mark on building the SoCal practice and culture. Join Us and Love WHERE You Work, WHO You Work With, WHAT You Do!
We are seeking Principal Architects to grow our Data and Technology Solutions Team to support our client growth in Southern California.
As a Principal Architect, you will serve as the technology-facing lead of solutions advisory and implementation engagements. In advisory, you will align client goals with design decisions through new technology recommendations and suggestions to improve existing architectures and development patterns. In implementation, you will act as a hands-on technical lead, overseeing the design and development of projects.
The Principal Architect is responsible for ensuring technical product quality is in-line with CompassX and client enterprise standards. The Principal Architect must have experience and expertise in at least two of the following 3 areas: full-stack development, enterprise cloud solutions and integration, data and database platforms.
As Principal Architect, you should have experience with solution sales, the solution sales lifecycle and, ideally, ability and experience identifying new solution opportunities.
- Competitive Base + most generous variable in our industry
- "ME” Time - Competitive PTO and Sabbaticals
- You're Covered! Full health benefits are just the start
- Team - Know everyone with frequent outings that bring us together
- Invest & Matching - Match on base+bonus!
- Ongoing Education - Investing in YOUR future
- Family Feel - You're not a number anymore. Welcome to the Family!
- Opportunity to build a company - not one that's looking for a cog in the wheel
- Local - Sleep in your own bed! Take advantage of our local model to build your personal and professional relationships.
KEY TO SUCCESS
To be a successful and viable candidate, you will have expertise and experience with most of the following:
- Experience developing on one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- AWS specific experience (Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, EMR, Redshift)
- Recent hands-on experience with modern approaches in Full-stack development and CI/CD expertise
- Experience with one or more modern data platforms (Snowflake,Databricks, AWS/GCP data services)
- Have worked with one or more traditional analytic databases such as Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS
- Ability to work in or around enterprise applications as a source or target (SFDC, Workday, Custom Core Applications, ERP)
- Familiarity with modern integration products (Mulesoft, Boomi)
- Familiarity with multiple data visualization and/or BI platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Looker, D3 libraries)
- Client-facing background and direct communication with multiple roles within IT
- Strong perspective on relative strengths and weaknesses amongst cloud providers for development ease, DevOps, security and cost
X FACTOR - Do You Have It?
- Ability to mentor / “coach up” team members
- Agile/Scrum expertise
- Demonstrated Adaptability - Ability to drive forward in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in regulated industries (E.g. Fin Serv, Healthcare, Life Sciences)
- Track record staying ‘sticky' at clients and/or sustaining and growing accounts through solution selling and or advisory services
Job Type: Full-time