While some dream of a better energy future, Peak Power is building it. Founded in 2015, Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets. Our Synergy software platform optimizes the operation of distributed energy resources by forecasting and predicting the behavior of electricity markets.
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, the Business Development Manager supports the regional growth strategy for Peak's Building Optimization Platform by developing prospects and advancing opportunities. You will be inputting into product strategies and the solutions necessary to sell Peak's Building IoT 'SaaS' platform to various direct customers and channel partners in the commercial building markets in South East and Mid-west US. You are Peak Power's face in your respective market and will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from early prospecting to contract negotiations and execution for Peak's product and services.
This work matters. We're building something that will have a lasting, positive impact. This position plays a critical role in Peak's success. It requires a candidate with outstanding communication who values collaboration and can develop, manage, and execute a complex sales cycle in the Building IoT space.
Our new Business Development Manager will:
Develop. You will develop and nurture strong trust and relationships with key decision-makers in Commercial and Industrial markets to promote Peak's Building IoT 'SaaS' platform.
- You will develop sales analysis, identify new business opportunities and customers, and formulate proposal strategies that result in the execution of standard term sales agreements.
- You will create a clear go-to-market strategy to increase the Peak brand with key stakeholders and decision-makers
Deliver. You will lead the entire sales cycle from early prospecting to contract negotiations and execution for Peak's product and services.
- You will support the management of inbound and outbound sales and help build pipeline and solidify new leads while developing and managing both direct and indirect channels to market partners
- You will prepare concepts, proposals, plans, and quotes in response to customer contacts and maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions, and customer base
- You will meet and (hopefully!) exceed assigned sales targets
Collaborate. You will engage various other departments and stakeholders within the business throughout the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to contract negotiations and execution.
- You will work with the development and software teams to implement improvements/changes to the software/product as requested or recommended by clients
- Ensure delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals and manage a weekly revenue forecast
- Grow. You will support and promote Peak's competitive advantage by being the intermediary between the Peak team and the Canadian Real Estate industry
- Report. You will diligently maintain an accurate status of your leads and opportunities using Salesforce
What you bring to Peak Power:
- The education and experience. You bring 3-4 years of relevant experience in direct sales to commercial real estate, Building Automation/IoT industry, preferably in Sales or Business Development.
- The expertise. You have experience selling into US Real Estate industry (considered an asset), previous experience selling Saas Product with knowledge of the energy markets, sustainability principles, and the built environment
- The drive and curiosity. You have strong analytical skills to research, analyze market and customer requirements, perform technical, economic feasibility analysis/financial modeling to develop unique value propositions while influencing the collaboration necessary to execute commitments and achieve customer trust.
- The flexibility. You are quick to adapt when priorities shift and take feedback well. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there’s no clear, defined path or process outlined. You will be working out of multiple locations and remotely via web meetings, phone, and email. This role provides opportunities for flexible working arrangements. (Note: During COVID-19, on-site interactions will be minimized where possible, and office-based tasks performed remotely.)
So why Peak Power?
We are focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major names in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. To work with us is not only to work with an exciting company, but to also be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
Peak Power is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.