Come Innovate with SWM!
Are you ready for the next interesting challenge of your sales career? Look no further! SWM International is the right next step for you. We are an innovative plastic manufacturer and distributor looking for a self-motivated inside sales representative to join our team. You will play a key role in nurturing sales from their early stages to final sale, working closely with outside sales as well as our experienced technical team.
As the inside member of a territory sales team, this position is responsible and accountable, as a sales team member, for the attainment of territorial sales quotas and gross profit objectives by effectively managing a specific territory by telephone, working with the territory sales team (Outside Sales and Customer Service), and engaging all of relevant internal departments to ensure continued sales growth and overall customer satisfaction.
- Meet or exceed established sales and coated product sales quotas.
- Monitor and maintain sales objectives for the territory. Take corrective action when needed.
- Develop leads into prospects and prospects into new accounts for the assigned territory.
- Follow-up on leads within the required time frame.
- Make outgoing sales calls as scheduled for the assigned territory and for prospecting in accordance with established guidelines.
- Make proactive cold calls to potential customers.
- Follow up on quotes, samples and orders within established guidelines.
- Work closely with the Field Sales and Customer Service Team members to exchange pertinent account information on a regular basis.
- Provide competitive information or new market potential to the Marketing Department.
- Introduce new products to viable accounts as they are rolled out.
- Represent the customers and communicate their needs to other departments throughout the company.
- Maintain an ongoing record of customer calls and contacts through CRM-Pivotal.
- Schedule regular out going sales calls to customers and to new prospects in Pivotal.
- Link all pertinent customer related communications (internal & external) in Pivotal.
- Be proficient in all areas of DataFlo and SWM policies, e.g., order entry and quoting, etc and work to assist customer service where needed.
- Must perform all job duties per SWM’s ISO guidelines.
- Work with team members to manage and monitor territory's blanket orders to ensure timely release of material.
- Take an active role in setting territorial objectives and developing action plans to achieve those objectives.
- Participate in sales-related trade shows, meetings and customer visits as requested.
Maintain proactive relationships with appropriate vendor representatives (3M, DuPont,
- Perform special duties assigned as requested by your sales manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong math skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide to calculate measurements such as length, width, weight, etc.
- Able to work in a team environment and fulfilling objectives with minimum direct supervision
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position