The Business Development Specialist is responsible for owning the accuracy and integrity of customer and account data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and providing technical support to the sales and account management team. This role is also the liaison and point of contact with other functional groups for pre-deal related issues in the sales cycle.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Data Entry and Maintenance: Creates opportunities, offers, and various pricing scenarios to support transactions. Owns accuracy and integrity of customer data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Maintains data accuracy on any changes in customer data (ownership changes for example). Responsible for establishing and maintaining account hierarchy within the system of record; Familiar with non-standard requests.
- Utility Knowledge: Provides data and technical support to Business Development Managers and Account Managers with a proficient understanding of regional utility requirements.
- Communication: Receives and responds to Request for Proposals (RFP’s) primarily by email. Liaison between Sales and other functional groups throughout the data validation process and contract execution. Can coordinate with the pricing and legal teams on non-standard requests as needed.
- Process Improvements: Assists with ad hoc requests for process improvements, such as assisting in cleanup projects, new hire training, development of process efficiencies, and system testing.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to function in a team environment and to maintain rapport with employees and customers.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and independent decision-making.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal customers
- Flexibility on the job and the ability to work under multiple, daily deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information always
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Up to 3 years of business experience, preferably in marketing or communications and/or in the wholesale or retail energy industry
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster