The main function of this position is to increase awareness and sales for CertainTeed exterior building products. This position is responsible for establishing contact and coordinating activities with installation contractors, small and medium builders, architects, and specifiers. The Sales Representative will also assist the Regional Sales Manager and Territory Managers in meeting sales goals while familiarizing the remodeling and new construction community with CertainTeed products and services. Additionally, this individual will become a resource of information for sales, marketing, and manufacturing in product needs, development, and application.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call on installation contractors, small/medium custom builders, architects, and specifiers.
- Track new construction jobs from inception, pre-bid, bid-contract award and job completion.
- Promote entire exterior products offering of roofing and siding products.
- Display at, or participate in, local remodeling and home-builder shows, association events, and other networking opportunities.
- Relay customer needs between CT Territory Managers, Marketing, and Manufacturing, and the remodeling contractors and builders.
- Develop thorough knowledge of competitive products, applications and pricing to better position CertainTeed and our customers in the new construction and remodeling segments.
- Call on installation contractors and small/medium builders either with or without local distributor reps.
- Assist installation contractors and small/medium builders with additional education and training programs including job site training of installers.
- Prospect for new accounts by targeting installation contractors and small/medium builders with CT Territory Managers that meet CertainTeed strategies and objectives.
- Follow-up on pre-qualified leads provided by the Customer Experience Group.
- Assist installation contractors and small/medium builders in obtaining CT products through local distribution.
- Assist in testing new marketing materials, products, systems, e-business, and applications
- 40% overnight travel covering several sales territories.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-3 years’ experience in a sales or consultative selling position
- Knowledge of building products and applications desired, but not necessary
- Demonstrated capability to deliver presentations, proficiency in P/C applications, sales skills
- Driver’s License Required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Manufacturing Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location