Maple Media is a rapidly growing business that has been focusing on creating premium, innovative advertising experiences for world-class mobile apps. This is an exciting time to join this growing business and we are seeking a Business Associate (AdOps) to support the team in analyzing our advertising monetization systems while seeking ways to improve and optimize the ads performance in our mobile apps. The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics.
Maple Media is a lean, product-focused startup where each and every member of the team moves the needle. The right person for this role already knows the recruiting game well and is ready to make their mark by building a strong program at a tech startup, from the ground up. You love rolling up your sleeves, reaching out and engaging with new candidates, establishing processes for the organization to follow and filling roles quickly as the company grows. Maple Media plans to work remotely until Q3 / Q4 of 2021 and hopes to return to the office later this year.
- Work with and manage relationships with demand side platforms (Ad Networks)
- Work with Accounting to close financial statements, accounts receivable, and royalty reporting
- Analyze raw sales data and prepare monthly revenue summaries and KPIs reports
- Assist in analyzing KPI’s (such as Ad Impressions, Ad Requests and CPMs) and track using platforms like Excel or Google Sheets
- Tackle unstructured data analysis and optimize monetization efforts across the portfolio of mobile apps
- Source tough questions, develop clear analysis, and clearly communicate results for issues relating to partner, game, or monetization performance.
- Scope and build new and industry leading analytic tools with our data science and business intelligence teams
- Act as an ambassador and strategic partner to product team ensuring that ad opportunities are analyzed and communicated
- Collaborate with a diverse set of teams including data science, performance analysts, product specialists, and business intelligence to improve operational processes, reporting systems, and revenue analysis
- Scrutinize network partner performance and quantify their value to Maple Media and our mobile apps
- 2-4+ years of experience working with large-scale data in distributed computing environments, including databases
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics or Applied Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years’ Data Analysis experience
- Proficiency with SQL for querying and manipulating data (Relational, Redshift, Hive, Presto, Vertica)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience building, managing, mentoring and inspiring others with a consistent track record of using data to drive business results
- You are naturally curious with a strong aptitude for identifying problems, troubleshooting issues, and problem solving
- Strong written/verbal communication and relationship management skills
- You can work in self-directed, results-oriented work environments and multitask in a fast-paced atmosphere
Maple Media is a mobile media, advertising, and technology company that acquires and operates category-leading, consumer apps on the App Store and Google Play. Maple Media currently operates over 30 app businesses that entertain, empower personal productivity, and enrich everyday life.
The portfolio includes top-performing apps such as: We Heart It, Player FM - Podcast App, Pic Stitch, WeekCal, ScanPro App, Snowboard Party, Skateboard Party, Minesweeper: Puzzle Bomb, Mazes & More, Puzzlerama, Sleepa, Sleep Sounds and NOAA Hi-Def Radar. Based in Los Angeles (HQ) and Quebec, Maple Media is led by mobile app & games industry veterans from Google and Jam City. Maple Media is backed by leading private equity firm Shamrock Capital.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19