Gibbs Wire & Steel Company, LLC, a division of Combined Metals of Chicago, is a leading distributor of metals to the Mechanical Spring, Metal Forming and Stamping and other metal consuming markets. The company offers innovative solutions to manufacturers globally including specialty wire, custom slitting, edging, and oscillating of strip materials and warehousing/managed inventory programs with 7 different locations in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We have an immediate opening for an Inside Sales/Customer Service Professional in Southington, CT. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, lean oriented, progressive metals distribution company with individual growth potential.
Gibbs’ vision is to bring passionate teammates together to work hard, and inspire each other in a fast-paced environment. We are engaged, diverse individuals of high integrity. We have a strong trust and belief in each other and a passion and pride for our metals business. We take personal responsibility, communicate well, think outside of self-interest, are forward thinking while constantly looking to grow and improve. Our culture embraces honest, effective and timely communication. We share our success among all teammates.
We are looking for an individual who shares our values and vision. You have high energy to handle our growth and the position is multifaceted. You have the curiosity to explore and offer different solutions—we want teammates who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the norm. You have an ability to learn and contribute toward continuous improvement in yourself and our daily business operation. You have the ability to adapt quickly and flexibly to situations as things are always changing. You are prepared to step out of a comfort zone and are willing to support all functions of the business. You have the ability to inspire others and the desire to be the best at what you do.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Process incoming Requests for Quote, Purchase Orders, Change orders and other inquiries via our website, phone, and e-mail promptly
- Generate and follow up by phone or e-mail quotes for all products
- Obtain and provide feedback on competitor pricing to management
- Review customer requirements and needs to ensure order execution from acceptance to completion
- Process Sales orders
- Ensure customer experience leads to a “Raving Fan” outcome
- Review current stock levels to support customer requirements and report concerns to the Purchasing Department
- Coordinate with production scheduling for status on orders to ensure commitment to customers is maintained
- Research and resolve customer issues, complaints, and coordinate with Quality Management
- Attend Sales Group Meetings
- Provide technical assistance to customers and prospects.
- Support teamwork with peers
- Prepare price proposals
- Develop and build positive relationships with our customers
- Perform additional sales administrative tasks and support functions as needed including updating customer records in CRM/Salesforce platform
- Actively participate in all training and
- Offer creative solutions to customers to support increased sales
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Past experience in Sales/Customer Service is preferred
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of MSOffice, MSWord, MSExcel and Salesforce/CRM Software
- Strong written and oral communications skills and pleasant and accommodating telephone manner
- Comfortable making cold calls and following up on quotations
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of products and technical skills and apply to job responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively with a team with diverse abilities and backgrounds
- Strong basic math skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced work environment