The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, and WD® brands.
Utilize both Windows and Linux based software development tools, test environments, structured code development methods, and debug techniques to measure and/or predict HDD product Power and Performance attributes. Utilize lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, and power analyzers to examine and analyze in-development products and to simulate and predict hypothetical future product behavior with emphasis on Power and Performance. Perform systems design and development using C and related languages (C, C++, C#) and also via other software tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Matlab, and/or scripting environments such as Python) to answer technical questions to assist in making Hard Disk Drive (HDD) product architectural and design decisions.
Minimum educational and experience requirements:
- BS with 5+ years’ experience in related field (CS, CE, CSE, EE)
- MS with 2+ years’ experience in related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to evaluate and interpret complex engineering data generated by internal teams or external customers
- Experience with equipment such as oscilloscopes, bus analyzers and power analyzers
- Experience with high accuracy power measurements and analysis
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Bonus (not required): knowledge/experience with interface bus analyzers, SATA/SAS, programming languages such as C/C++, usage of MatLab
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.