The ABM Deal Desk is part of the Sales Operations team, managing proposals for facility and technical solutions to aviation, commercial, education, manufacturing, healthcare, and government clients
The Proposal Specialist manages the planning, development, executables, and delivery of assigned bids, presentations, and RFP responses to our customers that effectively convey solutions, capabilities, and differentiators. This position coordinates with subject matter experts ranging from operational to executive staff to provide key capabilities and solutions for our customers and internal clients. This position reports to a Deal Desk Manager.
Locations: Los Angeles, Atlanta, Alexandria, Baltimore, Beltsville, Sacramento.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead strategy/planning meetings and serve as the project manager to clarify client requirements and delegate tasks to ensure client deliverables are met
- Lead the team through value proposition development - Applying client analysis and competitive intelligence
- Research, analyze, and derive insights from information to ensure driving of key selling messages in the bid
- Partner with subject matter experts, management, and executives to identify a winning bid strategy and messaging tailored to a target audience
- Establish priority for bid tasks and works with resources, various departments and management to assure understanding of priorities and ability to meet deadlines
- Research, write, and assemble client specific presentations, bids and proposals using relevant business software; ensuring content is consistent with Center of Excellence (CoE), Deal Desk and corporate marketing guidelines
- Interpret complex information and writes per target audience
- Proofread and edit written documents and provides ideas, suggestions, and concept development to enhance bids and proposals
- Implement and improve the organization’s proposal process from pre-proposal planning through proposal delivery and support of post-submittal deliverables.
- Regularly communicates project status, identifies obstacles/deviations/delays, and assigns task(s) to address the issues on any deviations to delivery timeline
- Run and maintains spreadsheets using MS Excel
- Manipulates digital graphics for presentations using Adobe products
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of experience in sales proposal production, communications and managing multiple project
- RFP experience for large commercial facility services, preferably involving technical solutions like Bundled Energy or Parking Management solutions.
- Intermediate Excel: formulas, referencing formulas, sorting & filtering data.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in project management
- Proven expertise in technical and persuasive writing
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Highly skilled in the use of Contract Management Systems; Microsoft Office Suite; and Project Management Software
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Able to work independently setting priorities and managing work and meeting deadlines
- Advanced ability to understand a client’s business, technology and process needs, and translate into actionable, industry-leading services solutions for complicated solutions
- Provide guidance and expertise to stakeholders to create persuasive language for RFP responses and presentations
- Combine technical expertise with business acumen to provide vital, detailed information about how an ABM solution can deliver business value to its clients
- Identify problems/roadblocks and creatively generate ideas to achieve resolution while considering the risks associated with each option and selecting the option that has the best risk/reward
- Manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously