Partnerships are a vital channel for Blackthorn's revenue growth. Roughly half of opportunities come from SIs, ISVs, or Salesforce AE's and SE's recommending our apps. We're looking for someone hungry to increase that number. Your main goal will be to help drive incremental revenues for all parties involved, through a mix of building on relationships via enablements, lunch and learns, and certified partners, as well as making new relationships and working with our alliance partners on pricing.
What you'll do:
- Manage our Salesforce OR SI/ISV team relationships and represent Blackthorn while talking with AE's, SE's, and other team members about the value and technical aspects of our Appexchange apps.
- Identify and qualify prospective customers.
- Grow sales through monthly or quarterly partner-specific outbound and marketing efforts (support from a 5-person marketing team), i.e., virtual (and on-site when available again) virtual and field events.
- Work with our growth team to coordinate learning/event sessions targeted at reaching their RVP outreach goals.
- Give app demos (often tailored to industry verticals).
- Establish channel goals, metrics, and tracking systems for analysis and create scalable processes through automation (with our growth team directors).
- Report weekly on outbound efforts and existing deal pipeline.
- In partnership with the growth team, grow and manage a resource content library and share with relevant parties (blog articles/videos, emails, slide decks about basic customer use cases and joint-win stories).
- Field requests and streamline communication to sales/customer success teams.
What we look for:
- Ability to understand a variety of partnerships, personas, and value propositions
- Sales and marketing funnels
- Be able to think strategically and execute
- Know the Salesforce ecosystem (organizational and dept/team layout)
- Know how to use Salesforce to automate business/marketing processes and report on marketing and sales pipeline
- If something's not working, have the hunger and drive to research and learn/test other ideas/tactics
- Can write and proof basic stories and use cases
- 1-4 years experience in B2B SaaS
- Comfortable working in Google Suite, Slack, and other remote-team tools
- Some travel (when safe)
- Preferably 2+ years experience in sales
- Some travel (when safe)
What We Offer
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A deep feeling of satisfaction and completion
- Fully remote global team working from home
- Health insurance (if in the US)
- Annual company trip
- Stock options to every employee (we are all owners)
- Every other Friday off
- 401k with 3% match
- $400 office stipend
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Student loan debt assistance
- Children's 529 college fund assistance
- Pledge 1% - time off during the year for helping nonprofits
We have two native apps on the Salesforce AppExchange for managing Events and Payments. We're a growing, distributed team in four countries. We move fast and have significant structure in our product build process. Everyone on our team has deep experience within their respective roles. Our customers span from 1 person companies to Fortune 500s.
Why is our work important
Our apps continue to be easy to use and setup, due to continuous refinements with our UX. Most apps in our space take weeks to implement, ours take hours, and they work more flexibly, achieving significantly more functionality than our competitors. We believe enterprise apps should be as easy to use as consumer mobile apps.
What the job will bring you
A deep level of satisfaction through ownership of your role. You'll get more autonomy than at other companies (we've been told by our team). Connection. Our team is tightly knit, assisted through our annual company trip (as we're remote). Challenge. We're trying to move as quick as possible. This is not for you if you want to sit back and chill. As Ray Dalio says about life: "Meaningful work and meaningful relationships" provide meaning to life. We aim to bring this.