IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $262 billion in total assets under management as of June 30, 2021. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Under the supervision of the Business Architecture Lead, the Business Analyst Jr. will work closely with business subject matter experts to fulfill its mandate and business needs. The individual will assist in providing input for functions in defining, designing, enhancing, and enabling business capabilities, processes, and platforms.
- Business Requirements / User Stories
- Business impacts of product, system or regulatory changes
- New business process flows
- Business processes to identify opportunities for improvement or new products
- Business implementation plans with all impacted business units
- Deliver consistent, quality and timely Requirements Management Plans, Business Requirement documents / User Stories and related process flow diagrams.
- Ensure that business problems, opportunities, requirements and recommendations are well documented and align with change and business objectives.
- Apply a structured and consistent business analysis approach and methodology across all assigned business analysis initiatives.
- Analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvement or new products (ex. efficiency and productivity gains, timeliness, and cost avoidance or reduction).
- Support the identification, documentation and implementation of business requirements, plans, and related business process flows with impacted business units/partners.
- Analyze and prepare business impact documentation, identify system or regulatory changes, and change management and training requirements.
- Support the definition and design of interactions between processes, people, and systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams on technical projects as assigned.
- Participate in business design reviews, or by consolidating and documenting a consensus business view.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years demonstrated working experience in business analysis or equivalent roles
- Post-secondary education required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage business relationships
- Strong team skills with the ability for sound decision making and judgement
- Demonstrated analytical ability with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of MS Office and VISIO
- Previous Financial Services experience is required
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Focus and Ambition: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; they will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed. They will have a proven track record of meeting goals and action plans as assigned, both as an individual and with a team.
- Team Player: The successful candidate will ensure they provide consistent performance; they will be a team player that is sensitive to the team’s needs, interests and goals. They will contribute to inspiring and motivating the team toward high performance and goal achievement.
- Integrity: They will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of engaging and supporting business needs. They will work transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, supporting the engagement of all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Financial Services Business Acumen: Business background and sound experience in the financial services industry is an asset.
- Business Architecture & Analysis Acumen: Business Architecture and Analysis experience is an asset.
Please apply by Aaugust 6, 2021. For technical difficulties when applying