Requisition ID: 122861
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Business Relationship Manager (BRM), you are the interface between the business and Kiewit Technology Group (KTG) for the purpose of technology strategy development, solution discovery, issue resolution, and relationship management. You work as an advocate for the business and IT to help foster strong and collaborative relationships that will drive joint decision making and completion of IT initiatives to help deliver meaningful business value. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing team and work with key stakeholders and IT products. #LI-GF1
Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
This position will be based out of our Lenexa, Kansas office. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting. This position has a hybrid schedule that includes an option of working from home part of the time.
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and key IT product and service owners.
- Understand your customer’s business, processes, clients, strategies, roadmaps, challenges, and value drivers.
- Track customer satisfaction and engagement activities including, but not limited to follow-up and deliverables for your team and other KTG teams.
- Foster continuous improvement within the technology organization based on customer and client feedback.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Assist district project teams with the development of Technology Plans for their projects.
- Market and communicate KTG products, services and support to our customers and their clients.
- Review district business plans, project bids, pursuit activities and schedules for engagement opportunities.
- Direct engagement opportunities to the appropriate teams within KTG.
- Identify and mitigate risks as they occur elevating them to the appropriate KTG team or management, as appropriate, and in a timely manner.
- Protect Kiewit and its clients by identifying and removing or escalating any distractions, impediments, or roadblocks.
- Challenge business partners to evoke innovation, identify risks, alternative strategies, or solutions.
- Act as an advocate for the customer – be invested in customer success.
- Assist in communicating standard operating procedures, policies, practices, and initiatives.
- Represent, sell and be the front line for all things KTG to the districts and projects (IT support, project mobilizations, products, InEight, etc.)
- Provide consistent, timely and detailed reporting for work in scope
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) or Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM) desired.
- Proven experience with technology strategy development, solution discovery, and issue resolution
- Ten or more years of experience leading, developing and managing teams, including remote teams.
- Five or more years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives.
- Comfortable and confident handling high-visibility, sensitive, and/or escalated issues.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; able to effectively prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Can discuss difficult topics with customers and clients and resolve conflict.
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to adjust quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
- Ability to market and/or sale products, people, services, strategy, concepts, etc. and adjust approach according to the audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Online and Back Office systems.
- Present powerful, engaging, and interactive presentations.
- Possess a high level of accountability for work performed or decisions made in relation to tickets, projects, or other tasks.
- Travel- 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.