The Retail Account Manager (RAM) is primarily responsible for all aspects of driving and achieving retail sales and service results and managing budgets in their assigned locations and accounts. The RAM will build close relationships with key partners in their business and manage their assigned territories through team development, training, market knowledge, recruitment and development of selling, staff managing, and budgeting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Benefit offers the highest possible level of customer service by coaching and developing the team to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Promote feel good/fun environment for clients, store personnel, and employees.
- Monitor Yelp and Google ratings to ensure they average above a collective 4.0.
- Effectively plan and execute new product launches and corporate programs focusing on retail results.
- Develop continuous strategies for retail sales growth, including creating and executing in-store events to drive retail sales.
- Identify Benefit rank and develop and adjust strategies to increase rank and trend with or above the retail store environment and NPD National trend. Must have a thorough and current understanding of competition’s structure and strategies in assigned accounts.
- Achieve Company initiatives (i.e. “A” Launches, Booster Strategy, etc.)
- Schedule and execute Sephora monthly training visits and utilize the Committed, Express Committed, or Blended training modules.
- Follow up with Sephora Store Operations to ensure gondola updates are completed within one week of the date driven by Benefit Global Merchandise Manager.
- Strategize with Store Directors for retail sales growth through conducting Brand Business Reviews.
- Recruit replacement and/or new counter personnel and Aestheticians. Reduce turnover while increasing productivity per person through training and supervision
- Successfully identify, recruit, supervise, motivate, develop, and promote a team of store associates, aestheticians, makeup artists, and freelancers.
- Directly supervise AE personnel where applicable.
- Build relationships with local Market Cosmotology Schools to provide Ulta with a fresh stream of new Arch Expert recruits. Build relationships with each the District Managers, Prestige Managers, General Managers and Salon Managers to engage them to drive Benefit Product and Service sales.
- Maintain ongoing monitoring, coaching, training, and motivation of the Benefit, Sephora and/or Ulta personnel – reinforcement training in product lines, applications, selling technique, and in store events.
- Ensure store and counter are properly merchandised for maximum visual exposure, focusing on permanent and promotional displays, towers, and end caps that are presentable, accessible, serviceable, and easily shoppable.
- Provide efficient feedback to appropriate Benefit personnel regarding the effectiveness of Benefit strategies, trainings, selling tools, and products.
- Identify areas of strength and weakness with both the business and people in each account. Formulate action plan to correct problems with specific goals and timetables.
- Oversee all budget and expenses related to the territory.
- Manage AE employee relations concerns such as worker’s compensation, leaves of absence, and performance by partnering with Human Resources and Regional Sales Manager for DS personnel.
- Manage and audit timekeeping/payroll procedures according to payroll timelines.
- Analyze and communicate all stock concerns to appropriate Department Store, Sephora and/or Ulta personnel to ensure appropriate stock levels.
- Oversee all sanitation and hygiene standards according to State Board guidelines.
- Teach, coach, motivate, and develop selling personnel through approachable, effective communication.
- Effectively lead the organization through change and growth.
All other duties as assigned.
Able to perform duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Work in a fragrance filled environment
- Employees have physical contact with clients/ customers.
- This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check.
- Experience in retail sales and service (beauty industry and wholesale stores a plus) showing strong customer services skills
- Previous management experience with leading and coaching teams
- Strong attention to detail while simultaneously being capable of seeing the ‘whole picture.’
- Flexible and amenable to changes in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Must be able to multi-task while accommodating changing priorities
- Experience with negotiation and influencing at all levels, with ability to communicate with Counter Managers, Sephora cast members and all appropriate Benefit team members including VP’s, Regionals, and SF Headquarters.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and some holidays to meet business needs
- Experience with Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must have proof of insurance, current and valid driver’s license, and reliable means of transportation
- Active Aesthetician or Cosmetology license required