Ibml is a fast-growing global leader in providing Intelligent Information Management solutions to some of the worlds largest and most innovative companies and governments. We design and manufacture the world’s fastest most intelligent scanning solutions combined with software that utilizes artificial intelligence and robotic process automation. We empower our customers to do more and deliver them real business efficiencies and competitive advantage.
About the role
The Director of Professional Services will be responsible for the overall success of ibml implementation projects, overseeing a portfolio of concurrent customer implementations, and a team of Services professionals. This includes the experience and educational background to effectively lead a growing team within the Services organization – recruiting, managing, directing, and inspiring a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds. Experience delivering services in a measurable way – always looking to improve customer satisfaction, productivity, and efficiency of the operation through scalable processes and improved methodology.
This is a key leadership role of the post-sales effort to manage project execution teams consisting of ibml Technical Delivery Managers, Solution Specialist, and external delivery partners. The Director of Professional Services provides the necessary coaching and direction to enable the Technical Delivery Managers and other team members to execute the project with excellence and manage closely to the statement of work.
The Director of Professional Services is responsible for collaborating with other ibml teams including the Sales Solution Engineers assigned to the opportunity during the sales cycle for planning and deployment of the ibml product(s) for our customers. Upon completion of deployment, they will assure a smooth transition of ibml customers to the Customer Success team for on-going support and maintenance.
The Director of Professional Services also has day-to-day responsibilities to manage Technical Delivery Managers, Solution Specialist, and Application Developers in the US. This includes developing the necessary technical and development skills and career path.
- Direct the Implementation team – ensuring that:
- Develop and implement best practices and processes for the Professional Services (PS) team to enable efficient implementation of customer projects, ensure efficient utilization of ibml resources and drive customer satisfaction.
- Manage PS budgets with a focus on maximizing revenue and margin and aligning resources to the PS opportunity.
- Work collaboratively with other departments including Sales, Service, & Engineering
- Ensure implementations are of high quality, delivered on-time, and within budget.
- Hire, grow and retain a team of Technical Delivery Managers, Solution Specialist and Application Developers focused on customers’ success
- Ensure the implementation team are meeting utilization and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Serve as a point of escalation for all ibml PS engagements
- Work closely with the Solutions Engineer team to properly transition from sales to delivery
- On a typical day you might:
- Meet one on one with Implementation team members to review their projects, ensure time management processes are followed by the team (e.g., change controls, time tracking) and provide guidance on project delivery.
- Review key metrics to ensure that we meet revenue goals, acting on items that put our success at-risk.
- Interview potential candidates to ensure that we can grow the team on increased demand.
- Run a biweekly team meeting or weekly project overview meeting
- Meet with a Sales Executive to review discovery notes for a client with complex needs in order to prepare for a client visit
- Revise our onboarding strategy so that team members are able to get up to speed on product and process quickly.
- Take calls from an unhappy customer whose expectations were mismanaged – during the course of the call, restore their confidence in ibml products and realign expectations
- Deliver a presentation on implementation strategy to a class of new hires.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the implementation program to reduce time-to-completion and deployment of ibml products
- Utilize project/time tracking tools to properly manage a portfolio of concurrent projects.
- Brainstorm with the Product team on how to reduce our time to value through product enhancements.
- 5+ years of experience and leadership within a Professional Services environment
- Experience of both hardware and software implementations
- Experience with a subscription-based business model, delivering on-premises and SaaS Solutions.
- Excellent project management skills, including project planning, resource management, issue tracking and budget management
- Experience in developing and have used multiple implementation methodologies
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premises IT landscape
- Excellent leadership and team management skills including the proven ability to recruit, mentor, and motivate
- The ability to solve problems creatively. Ability to develop and manage business solutions for complex problems
- The ability to hold yourself and your team accountable to results and the willingness to share your performance results transparently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with a willingness to develop open and honest professional relationships
- An analytical mind with the demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to adapt to a frequently changing and growing environment, which may result in changed priorities or changed job duties.
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on leader
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline required. Advanced Degree preferred
- PMP certification a plus
- Ability to travel
USA based, Birmingham location preferred