7484 Raytheon Rd, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
Job Position: Landscape Sales Representative (Full Time Position)
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an exceptional Xteriors Sales Rep to join our TEAM!
- As the Xteriors Sales Rep, we need someone to increase market share and sales in the exterior area.
- Increase market share and sales Xteriors products, emphasis on 2CM Porcelain Pavers, for the Dal SBU assigned region.
- Increase account base by servicing existing customers and expand account base through cold calling.
- Actively promote & sell 2CM Tread Pavers, Conduct daily sales calls, and Develop weekly strategy for sales calls.
- Actively promote & sell 2CM Tread Pavers as well as all appropriate exterior-rated products throughout their assigned territory.
- Conducts daily sales calls - includes servicing existing customers as well as pursuing new Outdoor Living customers (average 2-3 cold calls per day) to build an expanded account base.
- Prepares weekly “Sales” and “Call” reports via Salesforce.
- Develops weekly strategy for sales calls and prepares monthly travel calendar based on that strategy.
- Conducts area market analysis of top accounts/prospects in each major area of territory – including top hardscape Dealers, hardscape Contractors, Pool/Spa builders, deck builders, custom home builders, etc.
- Researches territory product preference to determine the types, styles, and sizes most commonly purchased in the area to determine sales strategy.
- Grows market share by increasing sales volume while maintaining company-approved product margin goals.
- Responsible for ordering, tracking & activating all merchandising tools/displays supplied to customers.
- Utilizes influence and negotiation skills to sell in the program(s) and/or place displays in customers’ showrooms.
- Conducts client follow-ups via phone calls & all forms of correspondence.
- Establishes and maintains client files and performs timely follow-up on programs and projects.
- Provides PK seminars to customers as well as required installation demonstrations.
- Utilizes Salesforce reporting to achieve sales objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diplomas and some colleges are highly preferred.
- Computer skills to include functional knowledge of Microsoft Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Outlook email.
- A clean driving record and reliable transportation are required.
- A minimum of one to two years prior selling experience in the Hardscape Industry is highly preferred. Prior customer service experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in an unstructured, unsupervised environment is required.
- Must be able to lift ~ 70 lbs. and possess some level of mechanical aptitude.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Must possess proven sales, presentation & negotiation skills along with a keen ability to influence others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid time management and organizational skills.
- The role requires some overnight travel throughout the assigned territory.