"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
Handle sales of consumables and training and potentially other after sales products; including calling customers to upsell products, create quotes & orders in SAP and follow up on these. Analyze Non-Buyer-Analysis data to win over customers. Work with contracts and the training center to handle the start-up process for customers with new machines. Define marketing and sales strategies for consumables, training and potentially other after sales products.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1. Answer incoming phone calls, emails, faxes and voicemails regarding consumables, training courses and other after sales products. Provide courteous, competent and prompt customer service to all customers.
2. Process quotes, and orders through the SAP System.
3. Manage sales and marketing strategy for applicable products
4. Execute all sales related documents in an accurate, and timely manner
5. Ensure customers are kept well informed regarding the status of their orders. Follow-up calls as required
6. Research where needed with Spare Parts, Contracts, Training and other Departments to ensure proper and timely customer order processing.
7. Develop new sales strategies for consumables and other aftersales products, i.e. Vending Machine or Power by Hour
8. Conduct continuous market analysis and prepare feedback for local management and product management at TW.
9. Identify new customers for TRUMPF consumables based on Non Buyer Analysis and other reports and develop appropriate sales approaches
10. Protect TRUMPF’s assets and interests when interacting with the customer
11. Work with other internal TRUMPF departments as needed
12. Hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
13. Some travel required for customer visits or shows.
Customer Service phone experience necessary. Good organizational skills required. Ability to communicate patiently and diplomatically is mandatory. Customer Service or sales experience preferred (2-3 years). Project management experience. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Work, Excel and also SAP. High energy, willing to be part of a hardworking team. High communication/presentation and analytical skills. Technical knowledge (for machine tools) preferred.
College degree or equivalent education preferred.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.