Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Product Manager to join the Marketing and Growth Platform team. This role is essential to Twilio's continued growth and will help us build the platform marketers use to engage their customers.
Twilio is looking for a product manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading SaaS products. They also have:
- Confirmed experience in Enterprise Product Management.
- Customer obsession starts with a strong understanding of the customer and works backward to define a solution that delights them.
- Handle cross-functional dependencies and relationships with partners across the business.
- Strong analytical abilities and discernment to build business cases for product proposals, present financial cases, and frame decisions.
- An understanding of marketing, advertising, or communications is a plus.
- You enjoy participating in technical discussions with engineers and engineering-focused customers and appreciate the realities of building and running sophisticated software services at scale.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Staff Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Engage with customers, fellow product managers, and cross-functional teams to craft, deliver, and support solutions that make our customers triumphant.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Build detailed product specifications which include business reasons, use cases and which are focussed on addressing customer problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Tenaciously PRIORITIZE: Maintain a laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently.
- BE BOLD: Help define the future of Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate extensively with other PMs, other functional teams, and BUs within Twilio. Be an advocate and coach for other PMs. Help engineering teams focus on what is needed to create a phenomenal product experience. Facilitate quarterly planning, execute sprints in agile/scrum, handle the backlog and sprint prioritization. Collaborate with GTM teams on product launches (marketing, support, sales enablement), and dev experience teams on documentation.
Our team is central to Twilio's exponential growth. We build solutions that help marketers drive engagement and growth with their customers. Our products offer marketers their own view into handling customer engagement across Twilio's communication channels. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we contribute to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202 or Remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an expansive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks