Bay Equity is a full-service retail mortgage lending institution headquartered in Corte Madera, CA. In 2011 and 2012, San Francisco Business Times named Bay Equity among its "Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies" in the Bay Area.
We are hiring for a Senior Mortgage Loan Processor for Brokered Files to work for our team.
- Process mortgage loan applications to facilitate mortgage loan approvals from brokering lenders.
- F/T, remote position
- Reach out to Account Executive at each Lender to determine requirements and procedures for disclosures, file submissions and loan approvals.
- Review and analyze all aspects of the loan file including but not limited to: accuracy of file input, timely delivery of required disclosures for both corporate and broker, income and asset documentation, and credit report/credit documentation.
- Order and review all appropriate documents including income, asset, credit and collateral, credit report updates, title work, appraisal, final inspections, hazard insurance, fraud report, flood certification, flood insurance, if required.
- Order FHA case number, CAIVRS and borrower validation on FHA files, if required.
- Order VA case number, CAIVRS, COE, and appraisal on VA files, if required.
- Analyze income – complete income calculation worksheet.
- Organize paperless file in LOS system and complete required tracking fields.
- Run AUS, validate findings and document file, accordingly.
- Keep file in LOS system updated manually throughout loan process.
- Obtain conditions once loan approval is received.
- Order CD and closing docs.
- Work with escrow closer to balance final closing figures.
- Obtain any PTF conditions, if applicable.
- Communicate with Loan Officer and team, Underwriter, borrowers and agents, if applicable, throughout loan process.
- Reach out directly to borrower for any borrower conditions needed.
- Work with all parties on file to ensure on time closing of loan file.
- Minimum 2-years processing experience with brokered files.
- Familiar with submission and disclosure requirements, as well as overlays and guidelines for various brokering lenders.
- Knowledge of Conventional, FHA, USDA and VA guidelines.
- Knowledge of State/Federal regulations to maintain loan file compliance.
- Ability to work in a paperless system environment. Encompass experience, preferred. Floify experience, a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in multiple lender platforms and systems.
- Superior internal and external customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess solid organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities under pressure of deadline and time restraints.
- Able to provide quality customer service to applicants/borrowers, realtors, builders, appraisers, title companies in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with others in department to insure efficient and timely workflow and perform related duties as required.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and we offer vacation and sick time. This is a full-time position.
Bay Equity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Bay Equity is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected], or call 415/820-4525.