At Ready Education, we are deeply committed to improving student success and college graduation rates worldwide by crafting digital experiences that build community and increase student engagement.
As a Technical Support Manager in our Customer Experience team, you will lead and grow a team responsible for the Ready Education platform’s support that will improve student retention. Your primary objective will be to a strategist and mentor, empowering your team to provide the best in class customer experience.
We live our values every day through our work. Here’s what you can expect and what we’re looking for:
Put Student Success First
Ready Education exists to improve student success. As a Technical Support Manager, you will build and mentor your team which will work with the IT administrators on campus and/or students to understand their technical challenges while using the Ready Education platform and work towards resolving them. Your team will ensure the app is successfully up and running so students can take advantage of the many resources the Ready app provides! And you will always keep the student at the heart of every decision.
Accomplish More As a Team
Our team here at Ready is made up of passionate, hardworking people who support, care for, and challenge each other to achieve wins together. We learn from each other and embrace creative tension to ensure the best idea wins. We collaborate to solve problems together. As a Support leader, you will collaborate with leaders from Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams on a regular basis.
Have a Learning Mentality
We are looking for intellectually curious people who never stop learning and growing and who embrace change, which is essential at a constantly evolving tech company. You will continuously push yourself to improve and evolve. As a Technical Support Manager, this learning mentality will help you grow in your career while contributing to the organization’s success
Move Fast and Innovate
To be successful at Ready, you will need to be self-motivated and able to work autonomously. You will need to have excellent judgment and decision-making skills to solve problems and move forward quickly. As a Technical Support Manager, this ability to move fast and innovate helps you to come up with out-of-box solutions to improve our customer experience
Areas of focus:
- Provide personalized and proactive support to agents and our customers,
- Motivate and empower your entire team to achieve team goals,
- Identify ways to drive better SLA that improves customer experience
- Leverage and improve existing operating metrics and key departmental initiatives that foster excellence in the customer experience
- Create proactive tickets for customers based on information from internal sources
- Configure macros, triggers, tags, and other features in Zendesk from time to time
- Collaborate with various internal leaders including Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams
- Build and implement Help Center platform for end-user training, certification & self-serve
- Drive customer information and feedback to product teams to improve the quality of the product
- Maintain and improve tools such as Live Chat, Zendesk, etc
- Maintain and improve internal reports for stakeholders
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You love talking to people and building relationships with your customers
- You’re able to empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues
- You’re a leader that can mentor and hire other like-minded people
- You enjoy troubleshooting and love technical challenges
What will make you stand out:
- Resolving customer’s problems is your passion
- Proactiveness and exceeding expectations are your key qualities
- You possess a strong sense of ownership to resolve issues on time
- You have established processes that resulted in high CSAT scores
- Having Higher Education / Student Affairs experience
- Experience managing a remote team or working in a startup environment
Individuals who are most successful in this role are dedicated to our mission and vision, live our values, and meet the following qualifications:
- Prior experience leading customer support for a SaaS-based web application, native app, or within an industry where customer care and service are essential.
- Experience building, leading and running a regional/distributed team that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- Ability to identify & prioritize customer issues while effectively handling multiple challenges
- Experience improving customer satisfaction scores and excellent time management skills
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex issues
- Superior communication & collaboration skills, along with problem-solving & presentation skills
- At least 1 year of experience in managing and building a support team
- At least 1 year of experience configuring a platform such as Zendesk to implement CSAT, SLA, Live Chat, Help Center etc
- Experience working with platforms like Jira, Slack, and Notion
- Working knowledge of software such as Postman, SQL, Sentry, APIs
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Beginner written French preferred not required.
If you’re looking to work hard to make students successful, have fun, grow in your career, and make an impact, we’d love to meet you!
- Montréal, QC preferred. Remote applicants are welcome