Job DescriptionOverview of Solution Consultant Job Function:
The Solution Consultant is a subject matter expert in Occupancy Planning and Workplace Management. As a member of the Sales Group, the Solution Consultant will be part of the presales process, and work in partnership with the Account Executive, Sales Engineer and other stakeholders, to help deliver product demonstrations for prospective clients, lead discovery sessions, assist in responding to bids, RFPs/RFIs, deliver POCs, build and deliver compelling business case that is aligned to customers use case order to drive revenue and customer success.
In addition to the primary function of supporting the sales organization, the Solution Consultant will also assist Client Success teams on strategic expansion and upsell opportunities. Familiarity with OfficeSpace or similar products; and/or understanding of CAFM/IWMS and workplace management software, Corporate Real Estate, Workplace and Facilities Management is critical.
Primary Objective: Solution Consultant is responsible for supporting the Sales (primary) and Client Success (secondary) teams in meeting revenue targets through executing a business driven sales methodology that links our solutions with prospect business drivers.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute the Companys sales strategies and support achievement of established sales goals.
- Through a consultative approach use industry knowledge and best practices, coupled with knowledge of how OfficeSpaces solutions can drive improvement to secure new business and differentiate us from our competition.
- Work in conjunction with our account executives and other pre-sales roles, sales engineers, to deliver a winning proposition.
- Execute customer/prospect discovery sessions, executive meetings, business case creation (including ROI) strategy sessions, and roadmap workshops.
- Deliver compelling customer demonstrations that showcase the capabilities of the solutions and areas of greatest value and ROI based on specific customer requirements and needs.
- Collaborate with the customer/prospect and sales team to develop the appropriate solution to drive customer satisfaction and value.
- Work collaboratively on cross functional teams to continually provide feedback on ways OfficeSpace can improve product functionality, consulting services, training offerings and sales collateral, demo content and messaging.
- Provide continuity through the hand off phase to the implementation team and Client Success team to ensure the customers expectations are met.
- Serve as a role model; mentoring the Sales, Implementation and Client Success teams, transferring skills/knowledge for solution selling as it relates to our solutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting or presales role with a successful track record in the complex pre-sales process, preferably in enterprise software solution selling.
- 5+ years experience on the client side working internally as Facility Manager, Workplace Manager, Space Planner, Occupancy Planner or similar roles is a plus.
- CFM or FMP credential is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present to a wide range of audiences, including an ability to communicate business and technical concepts clearly, effectively and convincingly through presentations and demos.
- Ability to demonstrate software to executive audiences.
- Ability to interpret critical business challenges and translate to optimal business process recommendations multi-level and organizational opportunities.
- Demonstrated history of working with customers and collaborating with extended sales teams to help complete a complex product sale.
- Be able to articulate proposals and return on investment to operations management buyers.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a creative, energetic and enthusiastic presentation style.
- Must possess strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated highly developed project management and organizational skills.
- Ability and proven experience interfacing with all levels of management.
- Travel expectations are minimal