Novaspect, a leading provider of improved industrial process performance and reliability, is offering an opportunity for an Account Manager. This position will be based out of our Omaha, NE location. Novaspect is an Emerson Impact Partner with an 85 year history of developing process automation solutions for major industrial manufacturers in the upper Midwest.
The Account Manager, PSS must be a profit improver, a partner whose expertise and experience in the customers' businesses can help the customer increase the amount, speed, and certainty of the profits they contribute to their business. The effective Account Manager will understand the customer's business, Novaspect's offerings and how they can be applied for profit improvement, and finally communicate the value effectively to generate profit for both the customer and Novaspect.
The scope of solutions will be primarily those of Emerson Automation Solutions Process Systems and Solutions Division (DeltaV Control System and Services), supplemented with other Novaspect products and control system services, or those of 3rd Parties as required in meeting or exceeding the customer's profit targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Understanding the Customer
- Maintains a high degree of industry knowledge and awareness, including trends, technology advancement, and significant accomplishments by others in the business, state of the competition, significant events related to our business and the customer's businesses
- Identify, establish, and maintain business relationships with sponsors who influence the selection of Novaspect’s solutions
- Identify, establish, and maintain business relationships with management level power sponsors who have authority to be final decision makers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customers' business, including their products and processes, markets served, key customers, industry dynamics that effect the customers' business and events that influence the customer's profits
- Identify the customer's Critical Success Factors (CSF), Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and key initiatives in order to support development of account plans, sales strategies, and project justifications
- Document quantifiable business results with sponsors and power sponsors
Understand the Solution
- Identify recurring problems and complete thorough diagnosis to understand requirements and potential solutions
- Select those problems which can be solved using Novaspect's products and services
- Act as a scope architect to generally describe potential solutions
- Develop the business value messages offered by the solution alternatives
- Quantify the value of the PlantWeb digital ecosystem in tems of customers KPI's and build business justification for the investment
- Act as a consultant to assist in the customers' selection of the best alternative which should optimize the profit for both companies
Communicate and Sell the Solution
- Lead the identification and qualification of selected opportunities
- Develop, implement, and maintain an account strategy that maximizes the profit generation for Novaspect, including crafting a value proposition for continuous improvement that sustains the business relationship
- Communicate, in business terms, how Novaspect solutions address customers' “pain”
- Close the business by gaining acceptance that the selected solution can only be provided by Novaspect
- Responsible for providing solutions of uncompromising quality to the customer. Has the authority to stop those processes at any time that are believed to be compromising quality
- Work with strategic account teams to develop and execute strategies to improve customer business results through the implementation of Emerson's Control System offerings and Novaspect automation products and services
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in a Scientific/Technical discipline with Engineering preferred.
- Some experience working in a manufacturing environment or managing a manufacturing operation is desirable.
- Process control/automation experience preferred.
- Demonstrated results calling on middle level and upper level managers in process industries and/or manufacturing organizations.
- Demonstrated successful selling skills required
- Understanding of Solution Selling concept, experience will Solution sales preferred
- Able to deal with the long sales cycles associated with solution/system sales
- Experience with Process Control Systems and basic knowledge of the Emerson/Emerson Process Management offering
- Develop actionable team-oriented sales strategies
- Manage across multiple divisions, companies, and organizations using influence management skills
- Challenge assumptions while driving consensus
- Basic financial analysis capabilities
- General appreciation of Process Control Systems market, major players, competing products and current technology trends
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills to effectively communicate
- Willingness to work the hours needed to meet customer requirements
- Willingness to travel to customer sites throughout Novaspect's territory, Novaspect branch offices, and other representative and factory sites as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Salesforce CRM experience desirable
- Power BI is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Field Service Engineer, Instrumentation, Rosemount, AMS Device Manager, Plant Web, Sales Representative, New Equipment Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Applications Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Pre-Sales, Post-Sales, Consulting Systems Engineer, Project Manager, Solution Architect, Solution Development, Quote, Control Systems Engineer, DeltaV Application Engineer, SCADA Systems Engineer, SCADA Projects Engineer, DeltaV Automation Engineer, Infrastructure, DCS, Networks, PLC, Communications Engineer, Proposal Manager, Inside Sales Representative, Inside Solutions Engineer, Rockwell, Allen Bradley, ABB, Honeywell, Foxboro, Yokagowa, Siemens, Executive Sales, Digital Transformation, Industry 4.0, IoT, IIoT, Cybersecurity, Pi Historian, SIS, Process Safety Systems