Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
How will you make an impact?
In this role, a driven individual will work closely with Commercial and Executive Leaders to maximize sales representative effectiveness by determining and solving training needs, developing solutions and reinforcing strategy and processes.
What will you do?
- Work closely with sales, marketing and executive leadership to determine and align on sales strategy, process, implementation and reinforcement.
- Help to manage the logistical planning and organizing of training activities, sales meetings and of all assigned training programs (class preparation, facilitator engagement, and set up)
- Prepare sales representatives by assisting in facilitation of onboarding and all phased training; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance; scheduling and fulfilling co-travel with sales representatives.
- Continuously refine training needs by traveling with sales representatives; observing sales encounters; studying sales results reports; conferring with sales managers.
- Develop individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources; providing coaching; conducting training sessions; developing outcome improvement resources and providing directed follow-up and feedback to sales personnel and management team.
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
- Supports training financial objectives by recommending budgeted solutions and controlling costs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- On an annual basis, help develop and implement clearly defined clearly defined AOP targets and goals to ensure alignment with current Thermo Fisher goals, strategies and priorities
- Complete other ad hoc assignments or reporting as needed
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years relevant sales and sales training experience; lab diagnostics, healthcare, medical device or pharma preferred.
- Possess thorough understanding of selling skills, sales models and demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with the CRM tool, Salesforce (SFDC)
- Background or experience in training, education or coaching
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Need to have strong interpersonal skills, ability to “think on your feet”, organized and results focused
- Commitment to continued learning, show career progression and development and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high level of diplomacy
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.