CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
This position is charged with executing key business processes and interacting with sales, marketing, and global supply planning to drive an accurate demand plan as part of a larger Sales, Operations and Inventory Planning process (SIOP). The incumbent will help develop the demand planning forecast, tools, and standard reporting. The incumbent will also drive reporting KPIs (e.g. inventory turns).
The demand planner role will be a key position in utilizing and the continuing development of JDA software.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to apply critical thinking to dissimilar problems and deliver fact supported analysis. The applicant shall have the capability to utilize various data points, including shipment patterns, Point of Sale (POS) data, pricing, etc. to come up with an incremental, seasonal forecast for toys and SKUs assigned.
- Process Management: Able to create, manage and improve existing processes to support Mattel SIOP process.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results.
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, including sales, marketing and manufacturing.
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Improvement mentality: Will need to continuously strive to improve the ways we operate by consistently bringing strong technical and leadership knowledge to the table.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2 – 4 years of related experience (1 – 3 years with Master's degree)
- 2-3 years experience in demand planning, forecasting, statistics or other quantitative analytic disciplines.
- 1-2 years experience in inventory management, SIOP implementation and facilitation.
- Experience in leading large meetings across various cross functional leaders, including executives required.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, intermediate knowledge of Excel as a minimum.
- Experience in using JDA or similar demand planning system a plus.
- Experience with Six Sigma.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.