The University Neighbourhoods Association (UNA) is a unique non-profit society that provides municipal-like services (streets, parks, fields, playgrounds, community centres, and a full range of recreational services) to approximately 14,000 residents living in five designated neighbourhoods on UBC Vancouver Campus. The UNA currently operates the Old Barn and Wesbrook Community Centres where we provide arts, physical activity and social programs for all age groups.
The UNA is looking for an organized team-player who will be responsible for executing internal and external room bookings. The successful candidate will coordinate bookings from the request stage through completion of events in compliance with the UNA policies and procedures. They will liaise with internal and external clients, managing booking requirements, and act as the first point of contact for all room bookings.
Taking Rental Requests:
1. Answers inquiries, provides information and determines corresponding fees for rental requests.
2. Prioritizes rental requests and resolves conflicting requests.
3. Creates and modifies rental contracts to reflect changing requests, as necessary.
4. Coordinates use of equipment and furniture for rentals, ensuring requests can be accommodated.
5. Directs patrons to purchase the correct liability insurance when necessary.
6. Generates invoices and takes payment for invoices. Processes refunds according to UNA policy.
7. Reserves spaces in PerfectMind for internal meetings and events.
8. Communicates with Birthday Party Leader regarding birthday party bookings and provides administrative support when needed.
1. Provides on-site support for rentals and bookings, including room preview, set up and take down, equipment test if required.
2. Provides bookings-related support to front desk staff and delegates tasks when appropriate.
3. Maintains organization of rental and bookings related equipment in the community centres, with the assistance of front desk staff.
4. Evening and weekend work is required occasionally.
Account Management, Service Evaluation and Reporting:
1. Follows up on accounts that are in arrears due to unpaid rental invoices.
2. Investigates complaints from staff and clients regarding rentals and resolves routine matters and redirects more complex issues to either the supervisor or manager.
3. Generates weekly rental reports and communicates rental related requests to the appropriate staff.
4. Evaluate room rental service regularly and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Provide general room rental report to support budget and program planning.
6. Perform other duties that are related to bookings and events.
· Completion of Grade 12 high school diploma, preferably an undergraduate university degree
· One year of administrative experience in a customer service-oriented office setting equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must be proficient with technology, in particular MS Word, Excel and databases
· ActiveNet, PerfectMind or other registration software experience is required.
· Able to community effectively with a diverse population, including English language learners, children, youth, adults, and seniors
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Able to work evenings and weekends
· A second language is an asset
· Food safety certificate is an asset
· Serving it right is an asset
· The ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships that involve wide range of stakeholders
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters of a sensitive, political, or controversial nature including appreciation of the sensitivity of political issues affecting the UNA
· Successful completion of a criminal record check is required.
· Part-time position (15 - 20 hours/week)
· Schedule: Mostly Monday-Friday. Some evenings and weekends required.
· Starting hourly rate: $19.72/hour
· Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: 2021-08-15
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.72 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Masks are recommended for staff and visitors, plexiglass barriers are in place, and programs and events have been modified for health and safety.