This position requires maintaining day-to-day operations of a Customer Engagement Sales team including supervision of staff. Creating a collaborative, high-energy environment to assist team members in consistently meeting and exceeding monthly goals. This position is responsible for building a high-performing team to help promote the overall business growth including setting and achieving sales goals. In this position you will achieve this by using leadership development and managerial skills to trend data, manage team performance, develop motivational projects, collaborate with other departments and peers and work with Sales Director consistently to meet or exceed department expectations. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring all communications (verbal and written) directed to the Inside Sales Department are handled appropriately. Sales supervisors are also responsible for resolving escalated customer issues and providing feedback when appropriate to the management team.
- Manage sales team including setting/achieving sales goals and managing performance.
- Organize, direct, and monitor daily activities of Customer Engagement Sales members.
- Distribute workload to team, monitor and review performance, document activities.
- Monitor sales calls by observation of customer engagement sales member’s demeanor, accuracy of product/service representation, and ability to match the customer to appropriate product/service; provides feedback as needed.
- Monitor, analyze, and review productivity levels, generate necessary reports to support analysis, provide/recommend corrective actions to assist with increased productivity.
- Answer questions from team members and provide suggestions as appropriate.
- Manage timecards, performance reviews, documentation of feedback, maintain records of requests and complaints.
- Manage workers and resolve grievances; if needed, escalates to management for assistance.
- Build a strong, high-performing team that enjoys fun and competition and strives to meet/exceed required metrics.
- Prepare and report any required stats, as requested to monitor the success of the program. Identify areas of opportunity and provide feedback to those impacted
- Maintain thorough knowledge and expertise in all offered products and services.
- Perform Customer Engagement Sales duties as needed.
- Provide service courteously, accurately, and efficiently to team members, co-workers, and customers.
- Any additional tasks/projects as assigned by the management team.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High school diploma or equivalent relevant experience required, Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience achieving aggressive sales growth targets
- One to three years supervisory/leadership experience in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain technical information to others regardless of skillset
- Strong MS Office applications skills
- Able to work weekends and change schedule to meet staffing demands on short notice
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks
- Ability to train new staff in all areas as needed and provide source of knowledge for staff inquires
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adjust commination style to fit the audience
- Affordable medical, dental & vision coverage for full-time employees
- 401(k) match
- Employee wireless rate plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee rewards program
- Group life and AD&D benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Long-term disability
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Consumer Cellular:
Consumer Cellular is a top-rated wireless carrier that provides no-contract cell phones and service plans primarily to those 50+. The company has been an approved AARP Provider for over 12 years and offers AARP members special discounts on service. Founded 25 years ago on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service, Consumer Cellular is privately held with 2000 employees. The Portland, Ore.-based company utilizes the nation's largest voice and data networks, which covers 99 percent of the U.S. population. Consumer Cellular's wireless phones and plans are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Target, as well as directly to consumers at ConsumerCellular.com or (888) 345-5509. The company has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list for 11 years in a row. For J.D. Power 2021 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards. For cellphone tutorials, features, applications and company news, connect with Consumer Cellular on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
A pre-employment background check and drug screen is required.