This position conducts research and analysis while producing foundational data tools to support both the Health Finance (HF) initiatives and efforts as well as the Office of Payment Transformation (OPT) reporting needs. The position will research and understand the data and business needs of the areas to complete timely and actionable ad hoc analysis and reports as well as develop the portfolio of dashboards and standardized reports to support the ongoing data needs of HF and OPT. The position will be working with employees in Actuarial, Finance, Corporate Analytics and other pertinent departments for specific initiatives. Serves as a lead analyst for health cost trend for HF and operational data reporting for OPT and related projects by helping guide project teams and operational units.
Successful candidates will be strong critical thinkers, have strong written & verbal communication skills, strong collaboration & partnership skills, and be competent in analytics. He/she will also be able to maintain and transition between a micro and macro view of the business and issues. The candidate will understand the interdependencies and impacts of potential changes in a process or workflow. The ability to work with people at all levels of the organization and under fast-paced deadlines is also essential.
Exempt or Non-Exempt
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Care Administration, Public Health or related field and four (4) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with learning professional software to intermediate working knowledge.
- Knowledge of health care industry trends.
- Knowledge of basic relevant statistical analyses
- Proficiency in issues identification, data collection, analysis, and interpretation
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to provide information in a formal presentation setting
- Strong organization and time management skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Duties and Responsibilities
Research, Analysis, and Innovative Solutions
- Support and complete HF and OPT reporting needs, including fast turn-around reporting such as follow-ups from PT Workgroup Meetings or MCT workgroup meetings.
- Complete complex calculations and validations for HF and OPT operations including, but not limited to, payment true-ups and rates.
- Develop and revise business case and savings estimate capabilities and frameworks to enable improved accuracy and deeper projections.
- Identify strategies and tactics based on logical assumptions and facts considering resources, constraints, and HMSA values.
- Learn and understand new tools, software, and organizational structures at HMSA to complete necessary work.
- Support quality and user testing of new and changing software program data and accuracy such as, but not limited to, COREO data accuracy testing.
- Takes ownership of production of standard HF reports such as TMI forecasts and COVID impact reporting.
- Provide quality, objective, and professional analysis
Cross-Functional Integration and Communication:
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of the business needs of HF and OPT to effectively work with other departments to solve problems.
- Build presentation material including PowerPoint decks to communicate necessary agendas for OPT and HF.
- Partners with Corporate Analytics to facilitate idea generation and quantification of savings initiatives.
- Work directly with cross-departmental team members to complete tasks, facilitate communication, and provide status updates.
- Work with the project team, HMSA departments and external partners to monitor, collect, communicate, and distribute information.
- Appropriately identify communication needs and timelines; Communicate analysis, assessments, recommendations and completed work product through professional written and oral reports and presentations.
- Cooperate with other staff members to accomplish job duties as well as assisting others in accomplishing theirs
Project management and facilitation
- Develops and maintains project plans, timelines, and scope documents for HF and OPT initiatives.
- Plan and implement multiple cross-departmental programs and project(s) with guidance from program managers, executive sponsors, medical directors, subject matter experts, and project staff.
- Manages deliverables and timelines.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action to ensure various task and system-related deliverables are accomplished in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops strategies and tactics based on logical assumptions and facts considering resources, constraints, and HMSA values
- Ensures that program documentation and reporting are complete (e.g., project plans, requirements, operational processes etc.)
- Facilitates communication and prepare project status updates for senior leadership, partners, providers, employers, or others as appropriate
Other duties as assigned.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.
- On a regular, sustained basis, cooperates with other staff members both within and outside the department in the accomplishment of one's own job duties as well as assisting other in accomplishing theirs.
- Special Projects Managements
- Assist with vendor management and evaluation.
Job Type: Full-time