Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The primary responsibility of the Internal Sales Director – Core (ISD) is to become an integral member of the core market sales team through advisor engagement and management of the deal flow process. An ISD is responsible for engaging advisors in a specific territory or territories alongside their external counterpart. The primary goal of the ISD is to build, deepen, and maintain those advisor relationships for future 401k plan business. Empower offers a competitive incentive compensation structure in addition to base salary. Empower’s supportive training program prepares you for your territory assignment and enables you to apply your experience, as outlined below, to maximize your results and drive your sales career forward.
What you will do:
- Partner with assigned Regional Sales Director(s) to develop and execute a business plan and territory management
- While speaking with advisors, clearly articulate what differentiates Empower from our competition
- Promote Empower’s brand and values to advisors/consultants and prospects
- Understand the sales process (prospecting, RFP, sales finals, conversion, live date)
- Skillfully negotiate with internal and external partners to achieve the best possible outcome
- Proactively qualify prospects and build new relationships with target advisors/consultants who specialize in the sale of retirement plans
- Respond to advisor inquiries and utilize proper business resources as appropriate to pricing, product, and service teams
- Coordinate and partner with other retirement lines of business
- Analyze fund lineups for asset management placement
- Deliver pricing for new opportunities in partnership with Regional Sales Director(s)
- Proactively reach out to DCIO wholesalers/TPA/advisors to stay on top of new opportunities and maintain relationship
- Understand and maintain each data component needed for accurate pipeline reporting
- Track all opportunities in a manner that allows you to provide a comprehensive update at any time
- Answer and log sales activity with financial advisors, consultants, plan sponsors, and prospects
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field preferred
REGISTRATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSING REQUIRED:
- FINRA Series 6, 63 required (or equivalent licenses)
- FINRA fingerprinting required upon hire
What will set you apart:
- 1 - 2 years internal wholesaler experience or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of the retirement plan services industry
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Brightscope, and similar programs
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 39,000.00-51,000.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.