This position involves working on behalf of the company and our numerous joint ventures to utilize our established business development and marketing strategies to initiate, facilitate, compile, write, and edit proposal responses for federal and state agencies through the development of proposals, statement of qualifications, client presentations, and marketing communications and collateral. The individual will write and edit technical and nontechnical narrative as necessary to prepare compelling content and contribute to the development of best practices, SOQs, formats, and other guidelines to ensure final products reflect the quality of our many services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
· Manage proposals (RFP, RFI) and all deliverables as needed, including determining schedules, assigning work packages, coordinating content submission from writers, as well as final editing, formatting, and assembly.
· Work closely with Proposal Managers to understand opportunity technical visions and support the translation of this vision into proposal content, including graphics.
· Develop thorough RFP compliance matrix and maintain compliance throughout lifecycle of proposal development. Track RFP and amendment releases and route all RFP documents to appropriate filing locations and proposal team members.
· Drive proposal efforts to finish, including go/no-go, teaming, capture of intelligence resources, development, submission follow-up, and debriefing.
· Conduct and coordinate technical editorial reviews of all proposal sections for quality, proper grammar, spelling, consistency and RFP compliance and responsiveness.
· Participate in pre-marketing activities, including intelligence gathering, competitor analysis, and selection panel profiling to define solutions and discriminators.
· Participate in teaming discussions and arrangements, including selection of teaming partners and key sub-consultants.
· Facilitate strategy/theme development to define competitive solutions and discriminators.
· Lead in design and development of marketing collateral such as proposal and covers, organizational charts, resumes, project descriptions, presentations, handouts, etc. requiring technical writing and graphics work.
· Assure that proposal messages and themes are integrated into proposals and presentations. Edit materials drafted by other writers to improve their quality and ensure they are editorially correct without altering their technical accuracy or meaning
· Oversee final production and submission and coordinate team debriefs on proposal wins and losses.
· Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services, industry trends, and competition.
· Organize and maintain all photography, graphics, and logos libraries.
· Assist staff with PowerPoint and other presentation graphics.
· Coordinate creation and updates of the project description sheets with the Project Managers.
· Lead branding efforts including ordering, maintaining, and inventory on all company branded merchandise.
· Prepare press releases for submittal to headquarters for significant new project awards, new subsidiaries, acquisitions, and other newsworthy items.
· Support the company through special assignments including committee involvement, company newsletter, and various other activities.
· Represent the company in appropriate community and professional organizations taking active roles within those organizations.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have a proficiency using MS Office 365 programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint) and Adobe CC (InDesign and Acrobat).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline.
- Work experience may substitute education on a 1:1 basis.
· Minimum 3 years of related experience required; experience writing and editing Federal Government proposals of moderate to high complexity preferred
· Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment, and balancing multiple projects
· Experience with leading and coordinating diverse teams from various organizational levels from the prime, subcontractor, and consultant businesses.
· Experience with working closely with business area operations and business development leads and pricing leads to ensure alignment of technical, management, and cost and price strategy.
· Experience with defining business development processes.
· Knowledge of federal government procurement process and FAR regulations.
- Experience with federal RFP structures and SF330 formats.
· Ability to plan and coordinate proposal resources, including people and schedule and communicate status regularly to proposal managers and firm leadership.
· Ability to edit content from multiple individuals and incorporate data and graphics to produce a professionally prepared and compliant proposal.
· Must be a US Citizen
· Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record, able to drive company vehicles
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Foundation Level certification or certification through the Society of Marketing Professional Services (CPSM) or Shipley and Associates Certification is also desirable and can be substituted.
- Experience with business development or client delivery with U.S. federal agencies, including Department of Defense and Homeland Security.
- Experience in construction, environmental, engineering, or professional services industry.
- Experience and knowledge of Alaska Native cultures.
· Technical Writing – Ability to prepare technical communications, documentation, regulatory forms and correspondence.
· Self-Motivated- Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
· Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word. Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
· Time Management - Ability to work in a high paced, demanding work environment, deadline driven schedules with the ability to organize work priorities.
· Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Confidentiality - Ability to preserve confidential information.
Cooperation - Capable of working independently as well as with varying levels of personnel and work disciplines to accomplish a team atmosphere
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- West Sacramento, CA 95605: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Business development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location