- Financial: Aggressively pursue revenue goals and effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools.
- Community Involvement:
- Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, local schools, local government and other community and civic organizations.
- Respond to all client inquires, leads, and questions in a timely manner.
- Work Ethic:
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to Jackson Hospitality’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Minimum high school diploma. Higher level education preferred.
- 3 years sales experience in the hospitality industry with a minimum of 1 year at the supervisory level.
- Willing to travel and must possess a valid driving license with vehicle
- Conduct and continuously update local market research.
- Sell incremental room nights for assigned properties.
- Achieve and exceed the Revenue targets for the assigned properties.
- Assess the market potential and develop new business opportunities while at the same time increasing revenues from existing customers.
- Conduct and enhance public and community relations.
- Send a daily end of the day activity and accomplishment email to the General Manager and a copy to the Jackson Hospitality Vice President of Operations.
- Achieve Revenue and Revpar targets for all business segments.
- Establish monthly sales forecasts. Keep the General Manager and Corporate apprised of the status of these forecasts to ensure that the property has a steady stream of business through the year.
- Develop and execute advertising programs within the GM guidelines and the approved budgets.
- Leverage cross sell opportunities amongst all Jackson Hospitality
- Maintain high visibility in the surrounding community.
- Maintain efficient sales office procedures for productive use of staff time and insure the maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Ensure all sales leads are followed up.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of rate strategies.
- Ensure compliance to the sales and marketing Bonus plan.
- Maintain history trend analysis for the property
- Ensure the prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts.
- Identify and analyze competition, both locally and regionally.
- Attend Chamber of Commerce monthly meetings, and other pertinent community activities.
- Develop strategic relationships with third party providers.
- Ensure that the web and third party electronic distribution channels are continuously reviewed, researched and updated for maximum hotel exposure and maximum room night generation.
- Attend relevant tradeshows and events to promote the assigned properties.
- Provide sales call reports to the General Manager and the Vice President of Operations as required by the Standard Operating Procedures of Jackson Hospitality