Title: Senior Customer Account Specialist
Location- Irvine, CA
Role: 6+ months
- The Customer Account Rep is the first point of contact for many of client’s customers.
- They are responsible for delivering a world-class service and support the business by responding to customer enquiries, updating the business systems, collaborating internally to prepare and deliver quotations, and joining with the planning team to accurately forecast demand.
- By utilizing the clients High Performance System, the Customer Account Representative will serve as the primary interface responsible for ensuring the most efficient and positive relationship with the client customers, while enabling level-loading of production and expeditious resolution of customer assertions.
- The role will support the teams Senior Customer Account Representatives and report into the Manager, Customer Accounts for a specified product group.
Job Core Responsibilities
- The Customer Account Rep is responsible for receiving, reviewing, and entering purchase orders into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Raising quotes and customer documentation, prioritizing workload to ensure the customer receives an excellent service at all times.
- Respond to various customer emails and phone calls to manage their orders and enquiries; the Customer Account Representative will serve as the primary point of contact by customers’ buyers and supply chain personnel.
- Coordinate site visits to client’s facilities and set-up customer meetings as required.
- Refer any pricing queries to the Senior Customer Account Representative and/or the Commercial functions to ensure accurate pricing is applied.
- Track and reconcile internal and external customer score cards, which includes verification of the metrics by which the client is judged.
- Produce costing sheets in collaboration with colleagues from Procurement, Demand Planning and Manufacturing departments as required in order to produce accurate quotes.
- Use SAP product recognition to identify runner/repeater parts and what can be sold to the customer, as well as checking lead times. For any stranger/alien parts raise the relevant enquiry process.
- Upon receipt of orders for “out-of-production” products, gather the information necessary to prepare a quotation, which includes pricing, production lead time and client terms and conditions.
- Deliver quotations to customers and coordinate with various functional leaders to ensure questions are answered until the order is received or the opportunity is closed as lost
- Monitor and actively manage customer portals to ensure prices, quantities, lead times and contract terms are acceptable in accordance with authority delegated by appropriate functional leaders (i.e., Finance, Commercial, and Operations)
- (Required): Bachelor's Degree or at least 1-2 years of relevant industry experience
- (Preferred): Bachelor's Degree and equivalent experience
- Field of Study/Area of Experience: Customer service, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP,
Salesforce.com, Robot Morning/Demand Line
- 2+ years of experience in customer service
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Aware of the regulations pertaining to the products and customers for which the employee is responsible (i.e., FAR, DFARS, DEFCONS, etc.)
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize duties, in order to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience processing orders for foreign entities and ensuring export compliance
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irvine, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Speak with the employer